By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who here thinks FFVXIII will go multiplat.?

Darc Requiem said:

Wow, so now FF versus XIII isn't a spin off. When did this come to fruition? Oh wait E3 2008.

Edit: FFX-2 wasn't in the same world as X. Really? I could have sworn they both took place on Spira. I must of imagined the recycled back drops, return of Yuna and Rikku, and the cameo's by the original cast of FFX.

FFX-2 was indeed a spin off. It took place in the same world as FFX and had many of the same characters.

Yet...

Final Fantasy Versus XIII is no more of a spin off of the Fabula Nova Crystalis Compilation then Final Fantasy XIII is.

They are both eqaul parts of the FF universe, hense the reason their production was started so dangerously close to each other. They have only one similarity, mythology of the crystals. No reaccuring characters or locations, simply mythology. THis is what every main FF has been since III. They hold a common mythology but different characters. The FF series 1-12 are not spin offs so why should Versus be?

And yes, Versus got a lot more spot light after the whole FFXIII going multiplatform debacle. I was one who always thought Versus was a better game(HUGE Tetsuya Nomura Fan) but was still very much excited for XIII. That was until that E3, where I in a moment lost ALL faith in SE as a company, and a game developer, they made a decision on profit, more so then quality of game, and betrayed a company that has done nothing but help them in the past that I personally love. So yes, my love for Versus sky rocketed, for they are doing exactly what they said they were going to do , unlike FFXIII creators. Versus is said to continue on with making the most advancements with the PS3 as possible.

And please do not start the rediculous companies are here for money only BS ramblings. I know this, you know this, everyone knows this. Companies want to make money,yes, but I don't contribute to the idea that the only way to do so is to constantly stab those who helped you get to the top in the first place in the back. Game developers such as Tetsuya Nomura, Ted Price, David Jaffe, and Hideo Kojima understand this.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network

Slightly off-topic, but squeenix is hurting themselves splitting their fanbase like they are doing at the moment... FF and DQ remakes going to the DS, DQ IX is a DS game, DQ X is a Wii game, SO4 is on the 360 and the big-budget FF13 spin-off is on the PS3.

Not to mention the growing development cost...

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

somehow i got a feeling that it will be timed exclusive to ps3, and will be ported to 360 later

gengka said:
somehow i got a feeling that it will be timed exclusive to ps3, and will be ported to 360 later

Why is this kind of thing never said in reverse? Thats what is so frustrating every time one of these topics come to be. It is always "Oh!Whats that? A PS3 Exclusive? oh, it must be timed, or they will change it to MP, dont worry." mentality.

It is so aggrevating to always hear PS3 exclusive games are not what they appear. Not to say that some of this is not warrented.

FFXIII-multiplat

DMC4-Multiplat

Tekken 6-Multiplat

etc.

But there is also...

Bioshock-Multiplat

Oblivion-Multiplat

Eternal Sonata-Multiplat

So why are these accusations so one sided? Can't Playstation simply have something that 360 does not? The PS3 games are always expected to go MP, yet it is a real shocker to hear a 360 game do it. I mean really, instead of pining over if the 360 will get it or not how about you go and get a PS3 seeing as you are always eyeing their selection since you know it is going to be there for sure. I am so glad Sony has stepped out of depending on 3rd party games, now they have an onslaught of 1st party stuff to keep them going. I love it when someone comes into my local GameStop asking when God of War III and Killzone 2 will be coming to 360 (not "if" but "when"). The whole thing is rediculous.

ANd this is not directed at you genka at all. I just used your statement as a jumping platform is all.

Greatness Awaits

forevercloud3000 said:
gengka said:

Why is this kind of thing never said in reverse? *snip*

Uh. It's always about any 360 exclusive. Tales of Vesperia. Star Ocean. Ninja Gaiden II. Even Halo and Gears of War. I suggest seeing Dr. Requiem about that SSMS.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
forevercloud3000 said:
gengka said:

Uh. It's always about any 360 exclusive. Tales of Vesperia. Star Ocean. Ninja Gaiden II. Even Halo and Gears of War. I suggest seeing Dr. Requiem about that SSMS.

Well unfortunately my docket is full for this year. I may have something open in the second week of January

badgenome said:
forevercloud3000 said:
gengka said:

It is only on rare occassion. Yes u might hear a few say they want ToV, SO, or NGII for their systems. Yet the wishing well is far greater for PS3 games then for 360 games. When a 360 game turns MP no one really cares, when a PS3 game does it its the death of the brand. Sometimes I don't even think half the people starting these arguments even like those PS3 games but simply want to see the end of Sony(Haters).

The topics I see by the hundreds are...

-FF versus XIII

-Kingdom Hearts III

-MGS4

-GoWIII?( I know it is 1st Pty and I dont see this problem on the net much but me working at GameStop has me seeing many people coming in and asking this. SO annoying!)

-Killzone 2(same as GOWIII) And me look at magazine publications for crying out loud. They labeled this damn game as MP! WTF??!??!!?!

And then when proved to not be going anywhere countless times, the argument transforms into "Oh that game is going to sux! Too many cutscenes blah blah blah!"

Greatness Awaits

my guess: timed exclusive IF it's even released...if by that time it's not profitable anymore.. it'll be a bombed exclusive..

so..

1. it doesn't make it to retail
2. it flops and stays exclusive (not enough profit even if made multi)
3. it goes multiplatform quite soon afterwards