By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 10 over-rated games of 2008

NO NOT WII FIT!

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

Around the Network

I agree with GTA4 and MGS4, Mass effect came out last year, but it lived up to my expectation. Problem with GTA4 and MGS4 is that ALOT of people bought into the hype and whilst both are great games, they are far from perfect (as most would suggest they are) and they both didn't keep me hooked very long (MGS storyline is convoluted, yes. But pointlessly so, not to mention some of the cutscenes were just plain fan service in their length and didn't add much to the plot).

MGS4 is definitely not a bad game (as I said, it's great), but it was overhyped and is overrated (I enjoyed Snake Eater much more than this game).

I haven't played the others on the list.

Barozi said:

I agree with:

8. Burnout Paradise - the crash mode is horrible and he's absolutely right about the "Re-Try Race" option.

7. Spore - The creator was fun, but has not much variety. The game itself is okay the first 30 minutes, but then it gets boring.

6. Wii Fit - I agree. I wouldn't even consider it as a game...but well

1. Grand Theft Auto IV - It's true the game is overrated because of the lame missions. The city is beautiful, but the fun has gone...

If you don't consider it a game, how can you agree with it being on an overrated games list :P

The PC version of Mass Effect came out this year, so including it isn't too far-fetched.

izaaz101 said:
Barozi said:

I agree with:

8. Burnout Paradise - the crash mode is horrible and he's absolutely right about the "Re-Try Race" option.

7. Spore - The creator was fun, but has not much variety. The game itself is okay the first 30 minutes, but then it gets boring.

6. Wii Fit - I agree. I wouldn't even consider it as a game...but well

1. Grand Theft Auto IV - It's true the game is overrated because of the lame missions. The city is beautiful, but the fun has gone...

If you don't consider it a game, how can you agree with it being on an overrated games list :P

hm yes that is actually true :P

Around the Network
twesterm said:
Chrizum said:
Esa-Petteri said:
No, there are some nintendo titles which belong to that list too. Burnout paradise,mass effect and L4D overrated? Replace them with brawl, mkwii and no more heroes and the list is perfect.

I mildly agree with No More Heroes being overrated, but Mario Kart? Many reviews burned that game because it's too difficult, it only has an 82 on Metacritic. If anything, the game is underrated.

Agreed.

Just kiss the tip.

Who cares whats overrated. Of course any game could be considered overrated by somebody. It doesn't really matter.

Support good third party games on wii. Buy games like house of the dead overkill, de blob, madworld, the conduit and boom blox.

Esa-Petteri said:
No, there are some nintendo titles which belong to that list too. Burnout paradise,mass effect and L4D overrated? Replace them with brawl, mkwii and no more heroes and the list is perfect.

Your still here? If you wanted to make a legitimate argument, you'd say Wii Music.  Then again, that wasn't overrated by anyone. 

Do you honestly think that Burnout Paradise is better than MKWii?  Wait.  I forgot who I was talking to. 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
Esa-Petteri said:

Your still here? If you wanted to make a legitimate argument, you'd say Wii Music.  Then again, that wasn't overrated by anyone. 

Do you honestly think that Burnout Paradise is better than MKWii?  Wait.  I forgot who I was talking to. 

So it would be legitimate in your eyes to say wii music? Don't be such a snobcore, that game is underrated! It is fun for a lot of kids and some grownups too.

Do you honestly think that MKwii is better than burnout paradise? Oh my.. what a shocker coming from a nintendo fan. Is it because burnout paradise is not available for wii?

All the popular games are over rated games. It is all a matter of opinion and personal taste.