By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will HD consoles be forgotten?

Tremble said:
I don't wanna be rude but who's gonna forget: uncharted, gears of war, resistance, motorstorm, little big planet, FFXIII, SO4, ... ?

All of them, once the inevitable reskins... er, sequels... are announced. The games that get remembered are the ones that actually change things, and the games you've mentioned simply do not. Even LBP was too little, too late.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Around the Network

@Tremble

Motor Storm and Resistance are nothing to be remembered for - those are mainstream games in a bad sense of the word. Sells well only 'cos those are launch titles, as you may see neither R2 or MS2 sells well, 'cos those are not laucnh titles anymore. Don't wanna be rude but Wii Sports will be remembered as a groundbreaking title that brings millions of people into gaming and a big seller despite of yours and mine opinion about this game.

Tremble said:
Gné Oo? Who forgot halo and WW? No really, I guess people will remember the games I was talking about and forget zack and wiki, wii sports, wii music and all the others.

Yeah, Wii Sports, I already forgot about that little game. I think no one will remember it in a couple of years. Now, Motorstorm, that's a game that will be talked about for decades to come.

It only makes sense, then, that HD TV's will be forgotten as well. Just like Stereo Sound, color TV and DVD's in their time.
No, they won't be forgotten, there's no reason for that. The N64 was dominated by the PS, it is still a fantastic console and I love it and play to this day, never forgot about.
If I forget consoles it must be because they were not very memorable, a problem that will never occurr in this generation and that hasn't occurred the previous 3-4 either.
To me, that'd be like forgetting the PC exists (then again, I am a game nerd!).

Chrizum said:
Tremble said:
Gné Oo? Who forgot halo and WW? No really, I guess people will remember the games I was talking about and forget zack and wiki, wii sports, wii music and all the others.

Yeah, Wii Sports, I already forgot about that little game. I think no one will remember it in a couple of years. Now, Motorstorm, that's a game that will be talked about for decades to come.

hey, look at mai's post above you. he speaks the truth. no offence, motorstorm is just your run of the mill game that anyone could make, and its been the same forever. its nothing new, its nothing special. Wii Sports will definitly, DEFINITLY be remembered longer than Motorstorm.

Around the Network

What's this PS3 and Xbox 360 thingamajigs you keep talking about?

I kid I kid.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:
What's this PS3 and Xbox 360 thingamajigs you keep talking about?

I kid I kid.

English Only -______-

Funny prediction. Wii is almost already forgotten by the gaming media and hardcore crowd due to lack of high profile games. Hardcore crowd is the ones that talk about games btw...  All of a sudden those people will remember it in 2010?

Yes, once the Conduit 2 comes out...media and people are gonna go bannanas for the Wii and forget the other 2 consoles they have been talking about for the last 5 years.

try predicting again as this prediction won't work out well for you.

disolitude said:

Funny prediction. Wii is almost already forgotten by the gaming media and hardcore crowd due to lack of high profile games. Hardcore crowd is the ones that talk about games btw...  All of a sudden those people will remember it in 2010?

Yes, once the Conduit 2 comes out...media and people are gonna go bannanas for the Wii and forget the other 2 consoles they have been talking about for the last 5 years.

try predicting again as this prediction won't work out well for you.

no, the Wii is still hugely discussed. it's only forgotton by M$ and Sony fanboys that don't want to remember it.

It's possible their relevance will fade quicker than the Wii's when they're replaced by the next gen consoles, since the HD users would be the first to jump onto the next technological leap. This may lead to the Wii looking like the current PS2 situation, with the console still getting some goods (sorta like Persona 4).

As for being "forgotten," I don't really know what you mean. I don't recall great games ever being forgotten. Halo was forgotten? Certainly not in America...