By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 50 Biggest Game Franchises Franchises of this Generation

I really did not expect Sonic to be so high on the list. Way to go Sonic! =]

Around the Network
coolestguyever said:
badgenome said:
Link plz.

dude he compiled numbers from this site. that would require like 100 different links

OT: Nice job. Gran Turismo up there with a glorified demo!! It should move to top 10 with GT5 releasing

Wrong. He didn't compile anything, and he has an extremely annoying habit of posting articles without links.

This is the source:

http://gameplayer.com.au/gp_documents/Top-50-Game-Franchises.aspx

crackdown needs more people to buy it.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Wii & Mario don't count, they have like 5+ games EACH.

PREDICTIONS:
360 will outsell PS3 YTD for 2008. (CHECK!)
360 will have the best showing at E3 & TGS in 2009
2009 will be another year for the 360 over PS3
End OF 2009 SALES :: 360 - 40M;  PS3 - 30M; Wii - 70M

Zombl337 said:
Wii & Mario don't count, they have like 5+ games EACH.

So explain where the cutoff should be.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
coolestguyever said:
badgenome said:
Link plz.

dude he compiled numbers from this site. that would require like 100 different links

OT: Nice job. Gran Turismo up there with a glorified demo!! It should move to top 10 with GT5 releasing

Wrong. He didn't compile anything, and he has an extremely annoying habit of posting articles without links.

This is the source:

http://gameplayer.com.au/gp_documents/Top-50-Game-Franchises.aspx

He should have posted the link to the article.  The funny thing is that the author of the article cites VC Chartz as the source for his numbers.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

whoop whoop sonic still owning even though most of the sales came from sonic n mario olympics

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

I didn't bother doing the math but I'm pretty sure the #1 beats everything else combined. If not the first two for sure.

Very nice list! The biggest surprise for me was Assassin's Creed--it sold much more than I thought.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Nice list.