By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The next milestone...

Which will console will reach the next milestone first?

Wii to 12 million -- DS to 50 million -- PSP to 23.5 million -- PS3 to 5 million -- or-- X360 to 11 million?

I think -- DS --> PS3 --> Wii --> PSP --> X360

JRI.

Around the Network

Wii: Around the end of Sept
DS: Mid-October
PSP: Around the end of Sept
PS3: Late October
360: Early to mid October

Those are my guesses for all mentioned events, so I guess I would say a toss up between Wii and PSP.

PS - I just did a quick glance at the numbers nothing deep.

Edit: To use your format...

Wii -> PSP -> 360 -> DS -> PS3

Just gave the Wii the benefit of the doubt because it has more buzz at the moment, the numbers I looked at make me think it will be close either way. 

To Each Man, Responsibility

Wii to 12 million -- DS to 50 million -- PSP to 23.5 million -- PS3 to 5 million -- or-- X360 to 11 million? 

Well...

DS--->360--->WII--->PSP--->PS3

The 360 is roughly 700,000 units away of its next milestone. The Wii is just above 2 million away of its milestone. I think it's inevitable the 360 will reach 11 million first.

TheLivingShadow - you would think that?
Based on last weeks worldwide sales X360 will take 13 weeks to reach 11 million whereas the Wii will only take 9 weeks to reach 12 million. The Wii has some strong titles coming out during that time.
700,000 does not sound all that much but sales have not been all that great for the X360 - though the price drop may change that.

JRI.

TheLivingShadow said:

Well...

DS--->360--->WII--->PSP--->PS3

The 360 is roughly 700,000 units away of its next milestone. The Wii is just above 2 million away of its milestone. I think it's inevitable the 360 will reach 11 million first.

I think the 360 may get there first too, but it's hardly inevitable. For the Wii to push 2 million units in the same span of time that the 360 would need to push 700k, the Wii would need to sell at approximately 3x the speed of the 360. 

http://vgchartz.com/weekly.php

Last week it sold at 4.5x the speed of the 360. Not saying it's impossible for the 360 to get there first by any means (I expect 360 growth to accelerate soon), but "inevitable" it is not.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network

Milestones:

Wii tops 360
PS3 passes 4.5m sold

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ds-->psp-->ps3-->wii-->360

mM

Maybe the PS3. But under the current selling conditions most likely the DS, Christmas is going to be ridiculous for the little handheld.

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie

The time frame we are talking here is by the end of october all of these targets will have been met. This is before the christmas silly season starts. So the biggest factors will be price, momentum and software releases.

I think the Wii has the strongest software releases in this time.
The DS definitely has the greatest momentum, but the PS3 is building.
The X360 has a price drop but it won't be enough. I see the X360 being the last to make the target.
As for the PSP, it is just ticking along. A target of 23.5 is middling (23mil would have been too easy and 24mil to much)

JRI.

my guess is ps3->psp->wii->ds->360

sony has only 1 million to go and is getting pretty decent sales now.
psp has solid sales and is 1.2 million away (it might get there first though.
wii has very strong sales and a good 2 million to go.
ds is amazing but it needs 3.5 million.
xbox is doing terribly and im putting even less on its price cut than the ps3's. it needs .7 million and that will be hard for it.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.