By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Any 360 owners NOT buying Halo 3?

fazz said:
Hey Dolla , what is your avatar?

One of the greatest games from last gen: Shadow of the Colossus.

Know it. Play it. Believe it. 

Around the Network

I am buying it, but it's not on the top of my list.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

my reason for getting a 360 even though i prefer pc fps' and i'm not in any leagues right now so i can't wait to play halo 3 online.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

I do not own a 360 but Most of the People I know that bought a 360 bought it becase of the Halo series. Thats the reason I think Halo will not push as many systems as some tend to think. I think those hardcore Halo fans already have the 360. I just don't know how many new fans a FPS can get for a console.

Bah, Halo is over-rated.
If you're some one like me, who doesn't feel like paying a monthly fee for the right to play a game you already PAID for, and you're not going to play it multiplayer, what's the point?

I loved my original Xbox, but I found Halo's single player campaign intensely boring. Metroid Prime beat it up, down, left, and sideways.

Around the Network

I don't want to flame here, because I think Halo 3 will be a very solid game, but who thinks Gears of War will be better overall?

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

I'll be buying it -- just not day one. I've got too many games to finish and I wont be ready when it comes out.

One question, though, for the people who always ask if Halo 3 will move systems: Halo 1 and 2 were both original Xbox. Yes, they are backward compatible on the Xbox 360, but Halo 3 is the first of the series that has been developed on the 360 and will therefore have significantly better graphics and such. How the heck could it NOT sell consoles?

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

I have absolutely no intention of getting Halo 3. I'm not saying it's a bad game or that I hate FPS games on consoles, I just hate Halo.

D-FENS said:

I loved my original Xbox, but I found Halo's single player campaign intensely boring. Metroid Prime beat it up, down, left, and sideways.

Comparing the gameplay of Halo and Metroid Prime is like comparing the gameplay in Super Mario Brothers and Madden 2003. They're just such entirely different games.

And saying Halo won't move a lot of systems is just silly. I don't for one second buy the whole "the people who want Halo 3 already have the 360" argument. That's like Saying Gran Tourismo 5 won't sell any PS3's because those that want it probably already have a PS3

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Doubtful. I'm not a big fan of the FPS genre, as it's just about as stale as the general JRPG genre.

I *might* pick it up if its $30 and I can play 4p co-op through campaign.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.