Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest X officially announced for Wii

SHMUPGurus said:
bbsin said:
SHMUPGurus said:
bbsin said:
makingmusic476 said:
bigjon said:
OMG!!!

I thought this was a Joke thread... Wii officially has Japan wrapped up. OMG!!! Bigger than FFX13 for 360.

Does anyone think this raises the chance that KH3 goes to the Wii also?

There was always a very high chance that KH3 would go to Wii, for the same reasons people expected DQX to go to Wii.

Yeah. I don't think anyone expects KH3 or a DQ game to land on the PS3 (or 360), but alot of people have stated that they would like KH3 to be on an HD console.

Hey, since when does Square listen to their fans? ;)

They do listen to their fans.... the fans of the most popular consoles.

B-B-But I thought they betrayed their fans with FFXIII? I guess lots of people asked them to put the game on 360 or something while I was living under a rock. o.O

Last I checked, FF13 is still on a Sony platform... So I really don't see why FF fans would call it a "betrayal". Other than that, higher install base = more fans. I know plenty of people that wanted FF13 on their 360, the only thing keeping it from happening was some sort of money hatting deal Sony were supposed to make with MS, but i guess that went toward MGS4.

but Star Ocean on the other hand... that was just illogical.

Around the Network
bbsin said:
SHMUPGurus said:
bbsin said:
SHMUPGurus said:
bbsin said:
makingmusic476 said:
bigjon said:
OMG!!!

I thought this was a Joke thread... Wii officially has Japan wrapped up. OMG!!! Bigger than FFX13 for 360.

Does anyone think this raises the chance that KH3 goes to the Wii also?

There was always a very high chance that KH3 would go to Wii, for the same reasons people expected DQX to go to Wii.

Yeah. I don't think anyone expects KH3 or a DQ game to land on the PS3 (or 360), but alot of people have stated that they would like KH3 to be on an HD console.

Hey, since when does Square listen to their fans? ;)

They do listen to their fans.... the fans of the most popular consoles.

B-B-But I thought they betrayed their fans with FFXIII? I guess lots of people asked them to put the game on 360 or something while I was living under a rock. o.O

Last I checked, FF13 is still on a Sony platform... So I really don't see why Sony fans would call it a "betrayal". Other than that, higher install base = more fans.

but Star Ocean on the other hand... that was just illogical.

I couldn't agree more! I still feel for that guy that ''apparently'' commited suicide over it though (the fact that FFXIII went multiplat). :(

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

stof said:
So far we've got Dragon Quest X, Monster hunter 3 and the main Tales series game.

The major Japanese shift is happening. Who knows what will fall next.

MGS5 or FFXIV or KH3

I wonder how much MS offered for this one.... I am guessing that Nintendo made sure it stayed on their console.

Also I love the fanboy spin I am seeing.

"I expected this all along"

I am pretty sure I have brought this up, and people generally shot it down with the logic that it would be too close to the Release of 9 and by the time they get around to releasing 10 the PS3 would have a big enough market share.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Expected. What wasn't expected was that it would be announced so soon. Can't wait. Also the DS got most of its support after the announcement of DQIX. I wonder what effect this may have on the Wii's support if any. There are plenty of games coming anyway.

Around the Network

@ Bigjon, I really did expect DQ to go Wii after DS, I just didn't know when.

And I don't think MS or Nintendo had much to do with this one. Square Enix is allowed to make some decisions for themselves, you know.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!

I finally found the reason to keep my Wii

Khuutra said:
Rhonin the wizard said:

Unban trestres, I want to see his reaction.

SECONDED

SOMEBODY UNBAN TRESTRES RIGHT NOW

THIRDED I remember having a big argument with him over Square Enix support for the Wii. Actually who hasn't had one with him on that topic?

MANUELF said:
stof said:
So far we've got Dragon Quest X, Monster hunter 3 and the main Tales series game.

The major Japanese shift is happening. Who knows what will fall next.

MGS5 or FFXIV or KH3

KH3 would be okay on Wii. The other two? Ew.