By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

The PSP has real potential, not to be the next DS or anything like that but still rake in big numbers. Software..........software is the issue right there.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
Under normal circumstances, the PS3 numbers wouldn't be so bad, but in this company its pretty pathetic imo.
Wii will have another week well above 1 million (prolly 700k in America and 55k in Japan) and the 360 should reach 800k again!

Look for a drop in NA this week - I don't think the X360 will be anywhere near 800k on the week...Closer to 700-750k.

Either way, great for everything if that is the case for NA. NDS is closing in on 2m weekly!

At this pace, the X360 and Wii will have a week where both combine for well over 3m units - insane.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

SHMUPGurus said:

Oh my! Such a weird turn of event this year with the 360 and PS3. So a price cut is really important for a console to sell? o_O

No... but both the ps3 and the 360 are pretty equivalent in their capabilities and library so they compete against each other for the same demographic. In such conditions, price matters.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

scary ds sales

SHMUPGurus said:

Oh my! Such a weird turn of event this year with the 360 and PS3. So a price cut is really important for a console to sell? o_O

Your joking right? The economy across the world sucks right now. No one is going to pick a PS3 over the 360 unless they have a undying love for Sony and/or desire Blu-Ray movies... or they just have too much money on their hands despite the bad economy (me).

It's just that simple.

Around the Network
Bitmap Frogs said:
SHMUPGurus said:

No... but both the ps3 and the 360 are pretty equivalent in their capabilities and library so they compete against each other for the same demographic. In such conditions, price matters.

Yeah, that way it does make sense. I guess the promises of blu-ray are not really that important for now, especially with the economy right now...

@ MonstaMack: I know. Priorities are elsewhere, and exclusives don't really matter it seems.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Smashed said:
jerseyboy609 said:
its kind of funny because a lot of people over there want a ps3, but cant buy one because the $200 360 vs $400 PS3 is making people tap out lol

PS3 is doing amazing for it's price. 

That doesn't really cut it though. If you want marketshare or profit that is.

mrstickball said:
Mummelmann said:
Under normal circumstances, the PS3 numbers wouldn't be so bad, but in this company its pretty pathetic imo.
Wii will have another week well above 1 million (prolly 700k in America and 55k in Japan) and the 360 should reach 800k again!

Look for a drop in NA this week - I don't think the X360 will be anywhere near 800k on the week...Closer to 700-750k.

Either way, great for everything if that is the case for NA. NDS is closing in on 2m weekly!

At this pace, the X360 and Wii will have a week where both combine for well over 3m units - insane.

I think NA will top out at 550-600 for this weeks numbers. The drop after BF week is about 25% or so. But returns to BF numbers the next week, and then higher the week before CMAS. It is like after BF down 25, up 25, up 25.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Smashed said:
jerseyboy609 said:
its kind of funny because a lot of people over there want a ps3, but cant buy one because the $200 360 vs $400 PS3 is making people tap out lol

PS3 is doing amazing for it's price. 

Amazing at coming in third.

SHMUPGurus said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
SHMUPGurus said:

Yeah, that way it does make sense. I guess the promises of blu-ray are not really that important for now, especially with the economy right now...

@ MonstaMack: I know. Priorities are elsewhere, and exclusives don't really matter it seems.

Blu-Ray is not a consumer concern right now outside some very specific demographic.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).