By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Gears of War 3 in Development for Fall 2010

http://www.deeko.com/news/?p=10526

Rumor: Gears of War 3 in Development for Fall 2010

Tue, Dec 9, 2008

Xbox 360

The latest EGM (which has Wolverine on the cover) has a rather juicy rumor. Seems that Cliff and the guys at Epic are already hard at work on Gears of War 3 for the Xbox 360. Word is there are plenty of tweaks in the works to the engine and a new 5 player co-op experience. If true, Microsoft has at least another sure fire hit for next fall. Although it does seem to be a bit soon for another Gears game, but perhaps Epic just wants to finish out this trilogy on the 360. Either way Gears fans will be happy to finally close out this chapter in the Locust war. Besides Gear 3, Epic is also hard at work on an all new original horror title which will be multiplatform. 09 looks to be one super busy year for Epic.

[EDIT] - Seems it’s not 09 but 2010, which sure as hell makes a lot more sense. Well nice to know that the 360 has at least 2 more years in it.

Bring it on.  I am extremely happy with Gears 2.

Around the Network

Nothing surprising, will probaly release along with Gears movie.

Can it top gears 2 though? Im talking in terms of presentation

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

It's best to strike while the iron is hot, I guess. Bring it on, indeed!

This was expected. Can't wait. 5 player co-op would blowzors my mindzors!

PS3 Trophies

Around the Network

False. Isn't Cliff B. making the horror game? I don't think they could make gears 3 in that amount of time. It would be best to make gears 3 for the next xbox to get more people to purchase a new console.

Maybe this game will come in two DVDs and probably is going to be the last great game before the announcement of a a new console...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

It would make sense--the first two were two years apart and both launched roughly in the Fall/Winter. Why is it so strange that this one might, too?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Makes sense. We all know a Gears 3 is coming. And with Halo 3: Recon coming out in 2009, that means that the Halo schedule is now fucked up.

See, Halo is on a 3 year schedule (2001, 2004, 2007), and Gears is on a two year schedule (2006, 2008), so in 2010 they were going to inevitably meet, and one would have to wait, cause what company in their right mind would send out two games in the same genre in the same time-frame? Sales would cannibalize each other (read: Halo 3 sales would shit on Gears 2 sales). So in 2010, one had to make a concession, and going four years without a Halo title is suicide for the series, so they decided to do the expansion of Halo 3: ODST, and focus on Multi-player (more maps and such) to lengthen the titles life. 2010 will be Gears 2, and then Halo and gears won't be on a collision course again until 2014

Programmed on Unreal Engine 4? I wish.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!