By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Onyxmeth said:
Zucas said:
Yes Boom Blox commercials are everywhere.

Actually I got to say I've seen a hell of a lot of Wii commercials in general lately. I mean geez in one commercial section I saw 3 Wii game commercials (Boom Blox, Nerf N-Strike, and De Blob). There was only 5 commercials played haha. Just everywhere.

You must be watching Nickelodeon. I watch iCarly and Spongebob with my kid and they play them all the time. All Star Cheer Squad and My Sims Kingdom gets a lot of attention there also.

Can't remember what channel it was.  Had jsut woke up and turned the TV on and was not fully awake to recognize what was playing.  Just remember that little part.

But it probably was that channel or Cartoon Network if I had to take a guess.  But man I've been seeing them on all sorts of channels other than those 2 which were the usual.

Around the Network
Zucas said:
Yes Boom Blox commercials are everywhere.

Actually I got to say I've seen a hell of a lot of Wii commercials in general lately. I mean geez in one commercial section I saw 3 Wii game commercials (Boom Blox, Nerf N-Strike, and De Blob). There was only 5 commercials played haha. Just everywhere.

You know all of those games seem to be selling at the moment as well. Funny how promoting a game actually helps sales....

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

That All Star Cheer Squad commercial is horrendous and on all the time as well. I bet that it will have strong holiday sales...

BAM! There it is!

I don't usually watch much live TV (MythTV DVR skips the commercials for me!), but my girlfriend was watching TBS this evening and I saw 2 commercials for CoD:WaW for Wii specifically. I wasn't aware that there was a marketing push for this game on Wii.

OT:
Boom Blox is a great game, it deserves more sales and I hope this new advertising push gets it to a million.

I have noticed Boom Blox in stock more often lately, and at a lower price point, $39.99 instead of $49.99.

The magic price point for this game would be $29.99. Even though I bought it at $49.99, I always felt like it would be a big seller at $30.

BAM! There it is!

Around the Network
radioioRobert said:
I have noticed Boom Blox in stock more often lately, and at a lower price point, $39.99 instead of $49.99.

The magic price point for this game would be $29.99. Even though I bought it at $49.99, I always felt like it would be a big seller at $30.

You can also get $5.00 off the game if you use the coupon in the Burger King kids meal.

Time for the game to sell 1m?
I hope so, then they'll make a sequel.

A sequel is already announced.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:

I believe it's rumoured, not announced. Unless EA put out some press releases when I wasn't looking.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
theRepublic said:

I believe it's rumoured, not announced. Unless EA put out some press releases when I wasn't looking.

Here's the article.

The Blueprint model is also being used on a previously undisclosed, but none-too-surprising, project: "Boom Blox 2." (not the official title) Apparently work is already underway on a sequel to the spring's innovative Wii puzzle game, which got very good reviews (especially from me) and and sold decently, last we heard. But whie development is being led out of EALA, where the first "Boom Blox" was made, people are working on it together from all over the world. "Everybody is integrated, regardless of whether they're in the same physical location," explained the ex-Blueprinter. "It's truly the spirit of what Blueprint was going to be."

That seems to be fairly specific for a rumor, so I think we will see Boom Blox 2.  However, I think you are right, no official announcment from EA.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)