By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - wii just short of 50000 units sold in switzerland

shoot, I should check this thread more often!

I figured it was dead and thought the first round of the Uefa-Cup group phase would be a good reason to revive it; well I'll do that later, but I'll first make my statements to all the topics that were brought up.

First, politics: Our national elections are over now, here are the results:

1. SVP 29 % (+2)
2. SP 19 % (-4)
3. FDP 16 % (-1)
4. CVP 14.5 (+0)
5. Green Party 10 % (+3)

Not much did change because the loss of the SP was mostly due to higher percentages for the Green Party and the center did not loose too much. That being said, it frightens me that the SVP still hasn't reached its ceiling and is still gaining ground, no Swiss party has ever been as strong as they are now since the introduction of the proportional election system (1919)

The government will be elected December 12th by the parliament. As it looks, nothing will change and the government will still be 2 SVP, 2 FDP, 2 SP and 1 CVP.

How are the percentages split in Canada stof? Are the three big parties about equal or is one dominating?

Now, let's talk about football.

I have watched the game USA-Switzerland, but I fell asleep after 60 minutes. Switzerland played poor and did not make the impression to be ready for the Euro. We have to consider that a lot of players are injured at the moment and that it wasn't the best formation that played, but I see problems in the center positions anyway.
The USA, on the other hand, played a solid game but did not seem to strong, especially in the offensive.

And now some words about the UEFA-Cup.

Basel is facing Rennes in a couple of hours, I will be watching the game in the stadium. It will be very interesting I think, Rennes is quite strong but Basel learned last year how important victories at home are.

Zürich is in a difficult group and has to win in Prague tonight if they want to have a chance to proceed in the Cup. However, their latest results are not giving the impression that they will; they were almost thrown out of the Cup by a club from the second league.

How are the chances for the austrian/belgian/greek teams out there?

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Around the Network

Die deutschen Teams waren ja nicht grade glorreich unterwegs....Hoffe die Schweizer machens besser

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

great evening for the swiss teams.

Basel defeats Rennes 1:0. Basel played solid and was patient enough to wait, they played not too offensive but used their chance when it came. After the goal, they settled back and didn't give Rennes much space or chances anymore.

Zürich wins 2:1 in Prague against Sparta. After being behind, Zürich was able to get back into the game thanks to a goal scored shortly before the break took place. Sparta had a good start but was getting weaker at the end of the game so Zürich was able to score another goal and win this match.

After those results, things are looking good for both swiss teams, they won games that you couldn't really expect them to win. Now they need one more victory and maybe another draw to continue to the next round.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

nintendo_fanboy said:

I have watched the game USA-Switzerland, but I fell asleep after 60 minutes. Switzerland played poor and did not make the impression to be ready for the Euro. We have to consider that a lot of players are injured at the moment and that it wasn't the best formation that played, but I see problems in the center positions anyway.
The USA, on the other hand, played a solid game but did not seem to strong, especially in the offensive.

Yes I do agree, it was a fairly poor match.  Switzerland looked nothing like at World Cup 2006.  We didn't look good either, but I have to say that we had a lot of young players out there and, given that especially, it was a very nice result since we usually do very poorly in Europe, and against quality teams like Switzerland most especially.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

netherland will win EK08, who can keep the attack away from the goal:D?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

daaaah, that was just a try-out;)

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

You had to watch our national team play at the last Worldcup Rol? Poor fellow, it must have been a painful experience for you

RolStoppable said:
koffieboon said:
You had to watch our national team play at the last Worldcup Rol? Poor fellow, it must have been a painful experience for you

Most teams played pretty boring football at the last world cup. On top of that the goals per match ratio was one of the lowest ever in world cup history.

Well, good luck with the next European Cup. I fear it will not be a lot different...

RolStoppable said:
koffieboon said:
RolStoppable said:
koffieboon said:

Most teams played pretty boring football at the last world cup. On top of that the goals per match ratio was one of the lowest ever in world cup history.

Well, good luck with the next European Cup. I fear it will not be a lot different...

I know of at least three matches in which there will be a lot of goals...

EDIT: 154th post in this thread.

You expect Austria to concede lots of goals in the group stage?

koffieboon said:
RolStoppable said:
koffieboon said:
RolStoppable said:
koffieboon said:

I know of at least three matches in which there will be a lot of goals...

EDIT: 154th post in this thread.

You expect Austria to concede lots of goals in the group stage?

probably, but our group is not an easy one