By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - the reason of why so many games flopped is...

^I'd be more likely to try many marginal cases if someone gave it to me as an Xmas present!

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Around the Network

If think time is as much a factor as money is.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

nintendo_fanboy said:
If think time is as much a factor as money is.

I can concur.

For me, money isn't the issue (yeah I'm filthy rich) but I just can't get myself to game for more than 2 hours or so a day, so there are too much great games out there to buy them all!

I'd love to see a publisher take the risk to release a AAA game at 30 euros, imagine if Mirror were at this price i'm sure it'll be more than a million for now !

What I don't get is that movies cost way more to make than games yet are a lot cheaper for consumers.

Even if you go to the movies, and then later buy the Blu-Ray, it is still cheaper than $60

You figure at most a movie ticket is $10

and the Blu-Rays are about $30.

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

most of these games are not unprofitable. They are just not all 3 million selling smash hits.

I think our perceptions have been skewed. Also you need to remember that sales are split for each game 2-4 ways. Last gen many games were PS2 exclusive so the sales seemed better.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

I for one I am trying to take advantage of all the sales. I have actually ordered ME for 1/2 price and there are loads of deals like this around. I also have the problem of lack of time.....