By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - If Wii Sports counts why doesn't Solitaire?!?!?!?

Obviously if we start including bundles, then we have to count all bundles or it wouldn't be fair.

The real top 10 for gaming should go:

1. Microsoft Solitaire
  2. Microsoft Minesweeper
  3. Microsoft Hearts
  4. Microsoft Chess
  5. Microsoft Backgammon
  6. Microsoft Maze
  7. Microsoft Spider Solitaire
  8. Microsoft Freecell
  9. Microsoft Purple Place
  10. Microsoft Inkball

11. Wii Sports.

So its pretty obvious Microsoft is the real king of casual gaming and Nintendo is just a pretender to the crown. Its pretty obvious each one is a seperate and complete game they have to be counted seperately.

Tease.

Around the Network

Quick somebody post a picture of a fancy person whose monocle is flying off

I challenge your assertion of Inkball!

Khuutra said:
Quick somebody post a picture of a fancy person whose monocle is flying off

Why aren't you mentioning those difficult, hardcore games like Mario Kart as an excuse for Nintendo huh?

Tease.

If only I could do this on a regular basis to try and piss people off.

Technically it would count but man that's pushing it. I mean technically its not bundled as its a part of the program. Meaning we are actually talking about Windows software sales rather than the sales of the game. But technically you could count it but man that is really pushing the limits of the definition of bundled. It's almost like saying that the Wii forecast channel is also sold and it should be up there as well.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:

Obviously if we start including bundles, then we have to count all bundles or it wouldn't be fair.

The real top 10 for gaming should go:

1. Microsoft Solitaire
  2. Microsoft Minesweeper
  3. Microsoft Hearts
  4. Microsoft Chess
  5. Microsoft Backgammon
  6. Microsoft Maze
  7. Microsoft Spider Solitaire
  8. Microsoft Freecell
  9. Microsoft Purple Place
  10. Microsoft Inkball

11. Wii Sports.

So its pretty obvious Microsoft is the real king of casual gaming and Nintendo is just a pretender to the crown. Its pretty obvious each one is a seperate and complete game they have to be counted seperately.

It makes sense thats the bad part :p since MS does Own PC and PC counts right? lol?

no one buys a computer for solitare

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

Then what about that Snake game on all the Nokia cell phones?

Get a life.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

I've never heard of most of those MS games you mentioned.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

First of all I'm pretty sure Freecell should round out the top four with Solitare Minesweeper and Hearts (been in Windows much longer than the rest).

Second you should count those as a single collection of "Windows Games" otherwise Wii Sports Bowling, Wii Sports Boxing, Wii Sports Golf, Wii Sports Baseball, and Wii Sports would round out the 11-15 slots.

Third yes in the purist sense the Windows Games are the best selling games ever but these are add on applications to an operating system not video games.

Lastly there would not be this debate if a pack in game for the XBox or PS# was selling this good. It dosn't matter however because even if you do discount Wii Sports Nintendo still has 8 more best selling games in the list of the best selling games of all time before you get to a non-nintendo game - a pretty cumfy lead.

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.