By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place been decided for this generation?

1st place is a walk over. 2nd place is still undecided but things aren't looking too good for PS3.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Around the Network

No.

4 ≈ One

As most people say 1st place is decided, now second place isn't but i really think the PS3 will pick up and outsell the 360 but not by much.

lol just from a few weeks of good sales for microsoft, everyone is geting excited? microsoft dont have what it takes to beat sony in the long run. they still havnt even beaten ps3 since it released! ps3 sold more last year and it has sold more so far this year and microsoft had to cut prices big time and advertise heavily to start beating ps3 again. maybe the ps3 hasnt really closed the gap much but looking at the price just keeping the gap how it is should do for sony.

*sigh*
A PRICE DROP IN ANYTHING WOULD EQUAL MORE SALES!
Houses/food/computers, etc.

Everyone please stop saying a PS3 price drop "will do huge damage" Because guess what. Another price drop in 360/Wii sales would also.=P

Unless sony starts making some smart moves (dunno what they could be) and start getting those PS3s to sell next year its pretty much confirmed what the outcome will be.

Around the Network
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
lol just from a few weeks of good sales for microsoft, everyone is geting excited? microsoft dont have what it takes to beat sony in the long run. they still havnt even beaten ps3 since it released! ps3 sold more last year and it has sold more so far this year and microsoft had to cut prices big time and advertise heavily to start beating ps3 again. maybe the ps3 hasnt really closed the gap much but looking at the price just keeping the gap how it is should do for sony.

And it only took price drops for Sony to do that!

Since launch Sony went from 599-399 or a 200 dollar drop

Since launch the cheapest 360 went from 299-199 or a 100 dollar drop

Yup one of them cut prices big time.

It would be awsome if sony makes the biggest comeback in gaming history,would make this gen very interesting..

mM
Valkyria00 said:
*sigh*
A PRICE DROP IN ANYTHING WOULD EQUAL MORE SALES!
Houses/food/computers, etc.

Everyone please stop saying a PS3 price drop "will do huge damage" Because guess what. Another price drop in 360/Wii sales would also.=P

Unless sony starts making some smart moves (dunno what they could be) and start getting those PS3s to sell next year its pretty much confirmed what the outcome will be.

the Wii could drop its price and it's sales would not increase.

1st place is a given but 2nd place will be the closest race since... well, since X-box and Gamecube, really.

I'll try to make a prediction that slightly differs from all others. ;)

1. Nintendo will obviously No.1 at the end of this generation
but
2. Sony's & Microsoft's consoles will end very close to each other. Maybe to close to call even after the last hardware unit of this generation has been sold.

And don't remind me of this prediction when it has totally failed. :)

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table: