By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tales of Hearts new info/expectations, Wii Tales info "similar to Vesperia"

Soriku said:

That's pretty far, but you still have a while to go.

Seriously dude, finish this game!! Don't you want DotNW? Finish it! It just gets better and better until the end! Otherwise I lose respect for you. D:

That was not a good ending.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Yes it was. You just don't like Tales much :P

Can we turn this into a topic where we argue about the merits of different Tales games?

Because hearing a JRPG preach to me about racism is really something I could have gone without. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with Symphonia except for what pseudo-intellectual anime crap is shoehorned into it.

Soriku said:

That's pretty far, but you still have a while to go.

Seriously dude, finish this game!! Don't you want DotNW? Finish it! It just gets better and better until the end! Otherwise I lose respect for you. D:

Between Gears 2, L4D, F.E.A.R XP, Fable II(I still have more quests to do, and I've logged at least 100 hours :P) my new PS3, LBP, SOCOM, NXE and most importantly exams (****.) I have practically no time. As soon as Christmas break is here I'll have more then enough time. As for DotNW, I've been to Blockbuster 3 times already and they still don't have it, and I am broke.

-_-

In any case I'm not letting the year finish without playing DotNW , and Ill try to beat Symphonia before I do. Usually though I can never put a Tales game down after I've started.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Soriku said:
@Khuutra

To me it sounds like you don't like Tales stories in general very much :P

@shadow

Please do ^_^

Well they can't all be that cliche. Right?

Right?

Khuutra said:
Soriku said:
@Khuutra

To me it sounds like you don't like Tales stories in general very much :P

@shadow

Please do ^_^

Well they can't all be that cliche. Right?

Right?

Just wait till the main character in Vesperia, ahem, becomes a serial murderer. And I'm not joking at all. It does happen, and the first time he commits a murder the game picks up considerably. Chaotic good. Thats Vesperia. 

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Soriku said:

Can we turn this into a topic where we argue about the merits of different Tales games?

Because hearing a JRPG preach to me about racism is really something I could have gone without. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with Symphonia except for what pseudo-intellectual anime crap is shoehorned into it.

I was alright with Symphonia (nothing spectacular, but the fights were mindless fun). But I'm really glad to see that I'm not the only one who was amused by a lot of the plot elements.

noname2200 said:
Khuutra said:
Soriku said:

I was alright with Symphonia (nothing spectacular, but the fights were mindless fun). But I'm really glad to see that I'm not the only one who was amused by a lot of the plot elements.

The most fun me and my brother had playing that game was trying to set up essentially endless combos with Regal and Lloyd. We got very close a few times. Stomped the ultra secret boss into a mudhole.

But yes I think not being able to take the game's plot seriously is hardly a bad thing.

@Shadowblind: I wish, I wish you had not said that. That would have been a very nice surprise.

Soriku said:
There was one part in ToS that I thought was just so lol-worthy. The Presea/Regal scene in Welgaia near the end of the game and Alicia was there (though of course it was just an illusion). The dialogue they had contradicts so many things it's not even funny. I can't believe what they were thinking with that part. I'll pull out a vid (if I can find one) if someone wants :P

By all means. I can't remember what that scene was about for the life of me except that it involved a rock eating Regal's wife's soul.

Soriku said:
There was one part in ToS that I thought was just so lol-worthy. The Presea/Regal scene in Welgaia near the end of the game and Alicia was there (though of course it was just an illusion). The dialogue they had contradicts so many things it's not even funny. I can't believe what they were thinking with that part. I'll pull out a vid (if I can find one) if someone wants :P

Oh yeah. I forgot that scene. Good times.

A lot of the plot holes with the half-elves were also amusing, albeit in more subtle ways.

Having played Phantasia way back when, I also enjoyed the irony of the overall plot.

Khuutra said:
noname2200 said:
Khuutra said:
Soriku said:

The most fun me and my brother had playing that game was trying to set up essentially endless combos with Regal and Lloyd. We got very close a few times. Stomped the ultra secret boss into a mudhole.

But yes I think not being able to take the game's plot seriously is hardly a bad thing.

@Shadowblind: I wish, I wish you had not said that. That would have been a very nice surprise.

Well kuutra you sounded like you needed some reassurence. Sorry for spoiling it though, thats why I wrote it in all black :P. But its one thing to know about it, its another to know why, what becomes of it, ect.