By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts week 49 (2008), Prince of Persia and Animal Crossing Wii debuts

@ darth

Yup. Apparently, Amazon is an indicator of sales now. It's news to me.

Around the Network

@DMeisterJ

If not amazon

"oh its bundled"

n if anyone says how many unofficial bundles MK Wii has apparently they are "lying"

MK Wii has the most unofficial bundles I have ever seen for a game.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@Neos

this is a thread about the UK chart n why LBP went up 6 places was the discussion.

I don't know why your bringing mainland EU into this.

there is no logic in the fact they would not be releasing this bundle in the UK. There just isn't any. This bundle must be available there

edit :

here we go. UK style.

http://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=7068&cm_sp=ps3-_-topnav-_-bundles

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

@Neos

I live in UK....that bundle isn't available here.

darthdevidem01 said:
@Neos

I live in UK....that bundle isn't available here.

look at my edited post.

Around the Network

@ darth

It's simply marginalizing LBP sales.

I guess people need to do it so they can sleep well at night or something... IDK. I mean, the game doing good would pwn lots of people's predictions, so I guess they'd have to admit they were wrong about sales, so they'll just use Amazon, or Bundles, or whatever excuse they can get their hands on.

It's really sad that it's so hard to admit you're wrong on the internet. It's not like the internet police are going to come arrest you cause you predicted wrong. lol.

@Neos

ok I see......

http://www.game.co.uk/Xbox360/Hardware/HardwareBundle/~r338806/Xbox-360-60GB-Premium-Pack-with-Gears-of-War-1-and-2-Far-Cry-2-SEGA-Tennis-and-PGR4/

hey now I can discount ALL GEOW 2 sales......so this is the reason why its still in the top 10 in UK charts

______

If that LBP bundle is new you may have a point....if not I don't see how SUDDENLY it will sell a lot weeks after its release. I have never seent hat bundle in my GAME store.

What I have seen is though LOADS of ads for LBP on TV as my mum said...that may be a reason

It's amazing how bundles work.

People use them to discount sales, and games are bundled all the time by retailers and such.

Tons of games have/had bundles available, and we don't discount every games' sales.

sigh.

darthdevidem01 said:
@Neos

ok I see......

http://www.game.co.uk/Xbox360/Hardware/HardwareBundle/~r338806/Xbox-360-60GB-Premium-Pack-with-Gears-of-War-1-and-2-Far-Cry-2-SEGA-Tennis-and-PGR4/

hey now I can discount ALL GEOW 2 sales......so this is the reason why its still in the top 10 in UK charts

Well no, we don't discount it because we and everyone else (except npd) count bundles as well. As you can see there is a lot of LBP bundling going around, here in netherlands as well. It's either a ps3 with the game, or a ps3 with 2 controllers and the game, ps3 with the game+movie, etc etc. But it's mostly LBP though (and motorstorm).

and thus, leading to my final conclusion : the game is not selling on par with its expectations, and therefore it needs to be bundled by retailer, or by sony itself.

If that LBP bundle is new you may have a point....if not I don't see how SUDDENLY it will sell a lot weeks after its release. I have never seen that bundle in my GAME store.

What I have seen is though LOADS of ads for LBP on TV as my mum said...that may be a reason