By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts week 49 (2008), Prince of Persia and Animal Crossing Wii debuts

Wow, I clicked on the link to the French charts and they are pretty harsh in their comments quickly dismissing new releases and using "flop" a lot.

Really looks to be a "Nintendoland". You don't really have a feeling that the 360 has picked up momentum looking at the top ten list either as the larger PS3 user base is still too much of a factor it seems.

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

Around the Network
BKK2 said:
I think LBP bundle was only just released in UK last week.

Link

Then this is why it bump in places

MANUELF said:
BKK2 said:

Link

Much better reasoning than Amazon.

lol.

DMeisterJ said:
MANUELF said:
BKK2 said:

Link

Much better reasoning than my Amazon US trying to explain UK sales.

lol.

Yes

MANUELF said:
DMeisterJ said:
MANUELF said:
BKK2 said:

Link

lol.

Yes

At the end of the day, you're incorrect, as we've already been over how Amazon does nothing in sales numbers and it was because of the bundles.

But you were the one trying to explain sales away by using Amazon, not me.  I was simply countering the point you made.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
MANUELF said:
DMeisterJ said:
MANUELF said:
BKK2 said:

Link

lol.

Yes

At the end of the day, you're incorrect, as we've already been over how Amazon does nothing in sales numbers and it was because of the bundles.

But you were the one trying to explain sales away by using Amazon, not me.  I was simply countering the point you made.

I only said it price has been dropped and you was the one who come with Amazon US

^ Round 2 ... Fight!

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

MANUELF said:
DMeisterJ said:
MANUELF said:
DMeisterJ said:
MANUELF said:
BKK2 said:

Link

lol.

Yes

I only said it price has been dropped and you was the one who come with Amazon US

You're the one that said it was price cut on Amazon.  That doesn't mean that it was cut everywhere.  Last time I checked, there were many deals on Amazon that can't be found anywhere else.  It's the major reason why everyone likes it.  I don't live in EU, so I don't know if it's Amazon's price everywhere, but if it isn't, then using Amazon is moot.

Mmmm, though having this thread maintained on the front page is somehow a good thing, I think your conversation would be more appropriate on MSN Messenger or other equivalent softwares.

Well, on topic :
Numbers of title by platform in the individual top 40 in the UK :
360 x 13
Wii x 10
DS x 8
PS3 x 7
PC x 1
PS2 x 1
Just by the look of this, no one would imagine that the DS is actually the record breaking platform in the UK.

Seneque said:
Mmmm, though having this thread maintained on the front page is somehow a good thing, I think your conversation would be more appropriate on MSN Messenger or other equivalent softwares.

Well, on topic :
Numbers of title by platform in the individual top 40 in the UK :
360 x 13
Wii x 10
DS x 8
PS3 x 7
PC x 1
PS2 x 1
Just by the look of this, no one would imagine that the DS is actually the record breaking platform in the UK.

The DS has a crap load of games in the 40-200 region... there are just a few chart toppers but a ton that sell well for a long time.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut