By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can You Believe We Used To Argue About.... (Fill in the black)

The gamecube would be Nintendo's final console :P

Around the Network

Whether the Wii is a fad and it would die out in a couple of months.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

That Uncharted was a flop

--OkeyDokey-- said:

Thinking back, there were all these threads about Wii third party support picking up.
"3rd parties were caught off guard by Wii's success! You'll see. 3rd parties will start shifting focus towards Nintendo once they've finished up on their HD projects!"

Two years later, still nothing.

I said it then and I still say it now. Well my thoughts on the matter might have been a bit more tempered than some (I still thought the PS3,360 would see a lot of software),  I always just figured it would take a long time. We're already seeing a decent amount leading out of Japan with Capcom, Namco Bandai and Sega putting a decent load of trust in the Wii. And we all figured it would start in Japan first.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

wii is a fad lol
Still makes me laugh

Feel free to check out my 8 montages at www.youtube.co.uk/stonj 

you can also find me at myspace.com/jamiestoner47 and on facebook

XBL :: stonj

Around the Network

Though I am a newbie I've been lurking this forum for months now. Plus many of the topics here can be applied to other sites.

Mine would be "the Wii". Not the console but the name. Man, I thought Nintendo was really stupid for naming its console in a very childish way. I swore that it would kill Nintendo.

Now, not only does it define the console you don't think of any piss jokes when you mention the name. It was a very, very dumb thing to bitch about.

@ Okey

Seconded. I'm still waiting for that to happen. lol.

Other nice ones were : GTA IV would kill the Wii, Wii sales slowing down, One single game turning PS3s fortune around, KZ2 not meeting target render. But the TP games coming to the Wii was the whole of 2007 summarized.

GT5 Prologue outselling MKWii? LMAO! who thought that would happen?

OT:

PS3 selling less than 6M by the end of 2007.

PS3 discontinued in 2008.

How about the 900 threads proclaiming that Sony would crush the inferior 360 & Wii...? well, Sony is in last place and this thread just keeps popping up anyway.

The only thing that changes is the year prediction & quarter... first it was 4th quarter '07, then 2nd quarter '08, etc, etc.

When does it stop? 2012?

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

LittleBigPlanet will be HUGE! (It's doing good but not HUGE)

Signature goes here!