By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - 2 spoons, a fork and a knife

for 20 pounds?

what a rip off in UK. I could buy them for a dollar each or less.

Around the Network

I can't believe I am seeing this. Are they sterling silver?

EDIT: I noticed the "can't sell to persons under 18" but I thought this was about the 2 sppons, a fork, and a knife. Galaki you are a mindfuck! lol

Aren't there more sets of each behind the front display? I'm pretty sure that's how EVERY utensil set is displayed.

The sticker on the box says 16 piece cutlery set.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

It says 16 piece set first of all and you get what you pay for. Goto John Lewis sometime and then complain about M&S Prices again.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

whoa wow wait a sec. It's a criminal offense to sell a cutlery set to anyone under 18 in the UK!?

has there been a spate of forkings and dinner knife fights lately?

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

It's all to do with packaging and which chain of stores sells them.

Two items are made in exactly the same sweat shop in China but one set is packaged and marketed in a 'Harrods' thick plastic housing with a soft velvety internal base so commands a price of about £50, whilst the other set gets put in the flimsy plastic casing, has 'Poundland' at the top so has a £3.99 price tag.

This allows rich stupid people to think by buying their items at Harrods they are getting top quality.

Same as Waitrose vs Tesco in the UK...Waitrose label means they can add 1/3 to the price of exactly the same items as Tesco but the middle class think they are getting better quality because it comes with 'Waitrose' on it.

stof said:
whoa wow wait a sec. It's a criminal offense to sell a cutlery set to anyone under 18 in the UK!?

Anything can be used to kill or stab and with the problems we've had recently with idiot kids knifing each other, I don't blame them.

Hmm, pie.

But it's a cutlery set. Not even a sharp one. It's not like Cutlery is exactly hard to find if you can't buy it.

stof said:

LOL. Finally someone caught it.