By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Microsoft is getting very desparate.

All in the title.

They just lowered an Xbox 360 price to $199, maybe the arcade version.

DO NOT READ THIS TEXT.

Around the Network

Where have you been?!

MSFT lowered the price approximately three months ago...where have you been? Also, it is not desperate. The core unit, which is tantamount to the arcade, launched at a price of $299. It now, three years after launch, costs $199. I do not consider that very desperate.

lol this topic is useless. They've been at 200 dollars for a while now, and why is this in nintendo discussion :P

why is this in the nintendo section? this has nothing to do with nintendo, and welcome to 3 months ago when this news was big deal.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Around the Network

Haha, priceless!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

they are attempting to pull the coup de grace on the PS3 this holiday. We shall see if it succeeds.

it is not desperation as much as it is really there last chance to bury the PS3 and lock up second place. If they waited til the PS3 hit a mass market price, they would never had done it. I see it as pulling out all the stops.

Price, Bury exclusive content, Buying games, marketing blitz...

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

how is it living under a rock?

Lol wow where u been man? but as for desperate, I think not. They are gonna try and distance themselves from the compteition (ie PS3) This is a very smart business plan. And if u havnt noticed it IS WORKING!!!!

Now if u wanna talk desperate we could talk bout SONY all day lol

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

samthespark joking i think.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99