By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN AU's Top Ten Games of 2008

No wii games?

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
@ numomex / SHMUPGurus )

are you guys really confusing Australia with Austria here or are you just kidding?

What? You mean there's a difference? x_X

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

I agree more with this list then the other IGN's list

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

It's true, this year the Wii sold the most hardware and the most software by a ridiculous margin, but had 0 of the year's best games. This is because the Wii sells on hype, but its just a fad and a kid's toy, and even though it sells the most software, nobody plays games on it. In fact, I'd argue that the reason the Wii sells the most software is because it has no good games, so people will buy 10 at once, hoping they find a good one.

I have a theory that there is an inverse relationship between how angry people get at website lists and their intelligence. This thread has done nothing to prove me wrong.

This list appears primarily about how much fun they had with the games. Is it really that hard to imagine why someone could have less fun with a MGS4 than a GTAIV or Fable II or Braid? Really?

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 
Around the Network

Although I haven't played all of those games... I disagree with the list....

4 ≈ One

@gebx: The other IGN doesn't have a list.

@picko: Yes. Yes it is.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Then you need to get off your high-horse

Kantor said:
@gebx: The other IGN doesn't have a list.

@picko: Yes. Yes it is.

Felt the sudden need to quote myself, lets call it Exhibit A:

"I have a theory that there is an inverse relationship between how angry people get at website lists and their intelligence. This thread has done nothing to prove me wrong."

Seriously, bitching about these things make people seem like complete morons. It really is rather sad.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 

I think its a pretty good list.

GTA4 was an amazing achievement. A whole breathing living HD city to rampage through. Definitely my best game 2008

I mean MGS4? Come on, 50% cutscenes may be heaven for fans but it doesn't make a really good game. Don't know about Mirror's Edge, it looked amazing but the reviews put me off. Otherwise solid list.