By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Poll of the Week: How do you get the majority of your games?

How do you get the majority of your games?

I purchase them on the fi... 648 44.57%

I wait until they go down in price a bit. 414 28.47%

I buy used copies. 159 10.94%

I just borrow them from my friends. 11 0.76%

Blockbuster and Gamefly or bust. 34 2.34%

It's a pirate's life for me. 188 12.93%

Total:1,454

Welcome to yet another Poll of the Week (give or take a few days).

This week we'll take a look at the buying habits of all us here at VGC.

So how are you getting your games?  Do you preorder and buy them for full price on the first day?  Or do you wait a few months for the inevitable price slash once the heat's died down?

Maybe you beat games too quickly to warrant the full price purchase and instead opt to rent them for a fraction of the cost.  Or you go to the best video store in the world...your next-door neighbor who's bought every game since Donkey Kong.

Of course...maybe you don't like to buy games.  Or rent them.  Or beg them off your friends.  But instead prefer to brave the pirate waters and play everything you have the time and energy to download....often days before their actual release.

So spill it.  What kind of gamer are you?

Around the Network

It's a pirats life for me!

Depends for me. If it's a game that I want to support whether due to its awesomeness or to help the dev, I'll buy it full price first day. If it's a game that I'm iffy about I'll wait for it to go down a bit and either buy it used or new depending. And if it's a game that I don't want to support the developer on, I will wait til its used to buy it. I've practiced that with a lot of games actually.

toastboy44562 said:
It's a pirats life for me!

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

I buy them, a bit after they come out and after I read reviews.

Around the Network

on option for me is not there

i wait for reviews

Amazon Deal of the Day

Just too cheap and too hard to resist sometimes.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

It is a pirate life for me. But, hopefully that will end if I get my PS3.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Mix of used and new games

Actually almost all of my games i have bought first day and full price.