By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Star Ocean 4 or White Knight Chronicles?

@ Godot

Agreed. Both games will not do well in the west.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Smashed said:
Neoraf said:

I'm sorry folks, I speak from facts.

I repeat, I think WKC will have average sales, just like Valkyria Chronicles.

Valkyria Chronicles (Japan First Week sales) = 78,038 ... on PS3

Tales of Vesperia (Japan First Week sales)  = 106,421 ... on 360
The Last Remnant (Japan First Week sales) = 105,196 ... on the fuckin 360!! in Japan...
Unfinite Discovery (Japan First Week sales) = 89,958 ... again ...on 360 (albeit bad reviews)

Don't forget, there are more than 3 PS3 for 1 Xbox360 in Japan.
Surprisingly, 360 JRPG sells better on Xbox 360. With far less userbase.

Love.

When will you just quit?

/Agree with CGI-Quality, You just keep embarassing yourself more and more everytime you post.

lol indeed

Check out my game about moles ^

If the lost odyssey can sell 800k, then I strongly believe that star ocean (established franchise) will sell over a million. I think WKC might edge over to

Not sure which will sell more though

Star Ocean IV, although I hate to admit it, but compare Level 5 PS2 game sales of Dark Cloud, Dark Cloud 2 and Rogue Galaxy (DQVIII totally aside from that) with those of a Star Ocean Till the End of Time and you know what I mean.

I think WKC sales can turn out just as disappointing as those of LBP. Spoken too long about the game while in the meantime people lost their interest. Sony should quit hyping games like years beforehand.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Well since VGchartz only has Japan numbers from Dark Cloud....(and I'm pretty sure they are wrong since I doubt the first game only sold 80k then the secnd one sold 200k more than that)

SO4 - will sell about 200k in Japan
WKC - will open with 200k in Japan

Dark Cloud 2 (Japan) - 260k
Rogue Galaxy (Japan) - 360k

WKC releases for christmas
SO4 releases in febuary. right in the middle of Demons Soul and Yakuza 3

Around the Network

Star Ocean......... because its on Xbox 360

ahcheng said:
Star Ocean......... because its on Xbox 360

oh you are a funny one you little rascal

Godot said:
My take: both will be great games (I'm more interested in SO4 because I like Star Ocean) but both games won't sell very well. I say both should be able to reach 200k in Japan and WKC should be able to make it to 300k or even 400k. However, I fear both games won't do well in the west. However, they could do well if they are advertised properly.

Star Ocean will probably get advertised properly since S-E are pretty good with marketing. It's WKC we have to worry about since Sony has has problems with marketing in the past couple of years.  I'm sure S-E with market SO4 as best as they can since they most likely want it to do way better than Infinite Undiscovery and The Last Remnant.

Riachu said:
Godot said:
My take: both will be great games (I'm more interested in SO4 because I like Star Ocean) but both games won't sell very well. I say both should be able to reach 200k in Japan and WKC should be able to make it to 300k or even 400k. However, I fear both games won't do well in the west. However, they could do well if they are advertised properly.

Star Ocean will probably get advertised properly since S-E are pretty good with marketing. It's WKC we have to worry about since Sony has has problems with marketing in the past couple of years. I'm sure S-E with market SO4 as best as they can since they most likely want it to do way better than Infinite Undiscovery and The Last Remnant.

Sony did else a pretty good job with hyping LBP but those sales are IMO still disappointing for such a hyped game. Therefore I fear the worst for WKC. We don't have to worry about Japan. Japan goes nuts for RPG's, but the West on the other hand... naah... total bomb like VC. And the most fun part is... you hear nothing but complaining there aren't any RPG's on the PS3 and as soon as they're there, those same people seem to have a lame excuse of not buying the game after all

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

*~Onna76~* said:
Riachu said:
Godot said:

Star Ocean will probably get advertised properly since S-E are pretty good with marketing. It's WKC we have to worry about since Sony has has problems with marketing in the past couple of years. I'm sure S-E with market SO4 as best as they can since they most likely want it to do way better than Infinite Undiscovery and The Last Remnant.

Sony did else a pretty good job with hyping LBP but those sales are IMO still disappointing for such a hyped game. Therefore I fear the worst for WKC. We don't have to worry about Japan. Japan goes nuts for RPG's, but the West on the other hand... naah... total bomb like VC. And the most fun part is... you hear nothing but complaining there aren't any RPG's on the PS3 and as soon as they're there, those same people seem to have a lame excuse of not buying the game after all

I am pretty sure SRPGs are way more niche than regular JRPGs.  VC was never intended to sell a million copies like WKC has.