By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why can't little big planet sell like wii music?

^^I agree with the "it has Wii in the name" replies but for a different reason. I think it's because Wii is associated with quality. Nintendo = quality.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

Around the Network
toastboy44562 said:

Little big planet is a way better game in my opinion.

Wii music is set to outsell lbp next week.

Both games came at the same time, lbp was bundled.

How cum wii music is able to outsell it?

certainly is, in fact its a way better game than most games this gen and thats what matters most.

sales dont go in your hand but games do.

LBP will end up selling considerably well overall

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

God, I'm not even gonna respond to this thread.

Oh wait, I just did. Man.
On a side note, why didn't the Dreamcast ever sell like the Wii?

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cheebee said:

NOW THAT is a REAL topic!

Really it was so much better then the PS2 ='( it should have been Nintendo, Xbox, and DC fighting it out!

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

^Because something that is liked by the hardcore might not always appeal to the general population?

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Around the Network

^That sounds familiar...

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Cheebee said:

NOW THAT is a REAL topic!

Really it was so much better then the PS2 ='( it should have been Nintendo, Xbox, and DC fighting it out!

I know, right? So unfair. I mean, it even allowed you to have a screen on your controller!

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

"God, I'm not even gonna respond to this thread.

On a side note, why didn't the Dreamcast ever sell like the Wii?"

Because of the crash of interest in fishing in '01. By the way, Nintendo now owes me money as I've just thought of their next big Wii game: Wii Fishing.

Just kidding about the money part of course Big N.  But if you want to send anything my way it would be much appreciated.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

Kasz216 said:
outlawauron said:
Grampy said:
Because revewers always ignore pre-teens in rating games. Wii Music may not thrill you or I but think how much fun it would be for the 5-12 group. Easy to play, your Mii in the game, 66 different istruments to play.

Now which console will a 5-12 yo most likely own?

Game - Set - Match

Eh, hardware is a different matter, but I would hope that they would get Guitar hero or Rock Band which are better music games.

That's like saying Oblivion is a better RPG then Final Fantasy.

They're totally different styles of games.

Regardless at least Wii Music tries to do something.  Guitar Hero and Rock Band are just Time Action Sequences set to music. The music doesn't even change if you screw up.

It's only popular because lots of people like to play pretend rockstar including reviewers.  There is almost no actual redeeming gameplay value if you don't have a rockstar fantasy.

It's not really any better the Wii Music.  It's just more popular because more people would perfer to pretend to be famous Guitar Heroes then Famous Orchestra Conductors.

Yes it does. The music won't play if you miss a note and if you hit the wrong one, you'll surely hear it.

@ Grampy

I know the instruments can be difficult to handle (and this why the GH 1 and 2 guitars were tiny compared to the RB ones), but I think it also has to do with what Kasz said. Most love to play pretend rock band for a few hours than the best conductor out there.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Whoever says LBP isn't casual is lying through their teeth.

And i quote, "my gf loves it" "i play it with my kids" "the wife will like it" etc etc

Don't try and disown the stereotype you created

Case in point, visual asthetics of a characters clothes is a casual device

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=52244

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.