By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why can't little big planet sell like wii music?

Reasonable said:

Actually like many who play an instrument I just struggle when someone thinks getting a great score on 'Guiter Hero' = really being able to play the guiter.  In tests I've found that 9 times out of 10 this turns out not to be the case.

I've never met anybody who seriously equates being good at Guitar Hero with being good at playing a real guitar.  I'm amazed that you know at least ten such persons.

Around the Network
Shadowblind said:

Install bases, and more casuals bought the Wii.

This. And let's not forget that one game has "Wii" in the name...

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
Shadowblind said:

Install bases, and more casuals bought the Wii.

This. And let's not forget that one game has "Wii" in the name...

And its on the console where people seem to have blind trust in firsty party software and next to no trust in third party software.  (I still like MarioKart on the GameCube more then the Wii)

Reasonable said:
noname2200 said:
Reasonable said:

Well I have the cat, a guinea pig, an admitedly awful 'rapper' and a few flutes, which is more than enough noise for one house in the humble opinion of my ears!

Actually like many who play an instrument I just struggle when someone thinks getting a great score on 'Guiter Hero' = really being able to play the guiter.  In tests I've found that 9 times out of 10 this turns out not to be the case.

As for Wii Music the adverts are too creepy for me.  Nintendo can keep that one.  I'll fork out for the Sports, the Games and the Raving Rabids, but I draw the line at strange families miming to music...

Heh, fair enough.

Although I will say that you are missing out. It's a surprisingly deep game, and lots of fun. Audio quality's not all I want it to be, but it serves well enough. But then it's not like I haven't missed great games myself, so pot, meet kettle.

Alasted said:
Reasonable said:

I've never met anybody who seriously equates being good at Guitar Hero with being good at playing a real guitar.  I'm amazed that you know at least ten such persons.

In my experience all males between 12 and 15 believe Guiter Hero means they can play the guitar.  These are children of my friends.  I can't help but hand them a real electric guitar and watch as they find its much harder to get the notes you want.  Perhaps its just my friends - they're the only sample group I know.

To be honest almost anything that makes something desirable seem 'easier' plays to this appeal.  Now I can actually 'get' Guitar Hero and find it fun myself.  But Rock Band?  Just seems like a bit of a waste to me.  And not in the least 'rock' either.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

Several reasons.

1: The game has a broader appeal, which is shown in its marketing
2: The wii has a far larger install base
3: It was marketed more heavily overall
4: It has wii in its title
5: The wii is being purchased a lot more then the ps3 and wii music would be a natural choice for many new wii owners as its new itself.

The game itself.

It's a platformer that's almost entirely sold on "You can make levels for it."

It's a miracle it didn't stop selling after 100K and is a great success in my mind.

Very few people usually buy into that type of game.

Sure "you don't HAVE to build levels."

However telling someone that they don't half to do the 60-70% of the game they won't like isn't a lot of consolation to most people.

Reasonable said:
Alasted said:
Reasonable said:

In my experience all males between 12 and 15 believe Guiter Hero means they can play the guitar.  These are children of my friends.  I can't help but hand them a real electric guitar and watch as they find its much harder to get the notes you want.  Perhaps its just my friends - they're the only sample group I know.

To be honest almost anything that makes something desirable seem 'easier' plays to this appeal.  Now I can actually 'get' Guitar Hero and find it fun myself.  But Rock Band?  Just seems like a bit of a waste to me.  And not in the least 'rock' either.

Males 12 to 15?  Okay, I can see that.

You need to give them a healthy dose of this:

And just for the record, I love Guitar Hero.

the wii's library is weak and with little kids they need something this christmas so the games with the wii in it get the sales.

kunaixhaku said:
the wii's library is weak and with little kids they need something this christmas so the games with the wii in it get the sales.

lol quit trying to make stuff up, LBP didnt sell like crazy

get over it