By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Future of psp!

Good read

Around the Network

I buy PSP UMDs. Or buy used. If they put all games via download, I will just ignore new games and buy old stuff for cheap. If enough new stuff comes out, I will mod my PSP and pirate all the games that are download only.

I'm not a supporter for the DL format on console, but for handhelds, that's another story. I think it's pretty cool to travel and to have 20 or 50 games on your memory sticks. So, I hope they'll do it, but only if they release their mother f**** PSN cards!

intresting

Tremble said:
I'm not a supporter for the DL format on console, but for handhelds, that's another story. I think it's pretty cool to travel and to have 20 or 50 games on your memory sticks. So, I hope they'll do it, but only if they release their mother f**** PSN cards!

Yeah I'm the same way, PSN cards can be found pretty much everywhere now in America and Japan, next year Euro and Australia will get it, I'm pretty sure.

Around the Network

I prefer to wait and see.

4 ≈ One

Speculation, speculation... nothing more... there are a couple of good ideas, but mostly way to genera. And common, we all know that a UMD-less PSP this gen wont happen...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

1) Online distribution would be playing catchup to Apple and now even Nintendo
2) Ports of PS3 and PSN games is nothing new in 2009, that's been happening for years
3) How would a UMD-less PSP play games? the market is not ready for complete digital distribution
4) A psp phone is possible, touchscreen not going to happen
5) Digital Distribution is less likely to work if you need to buy vouchers instead of using a credit card, and if you do stop selling retail games, and if you allow people to use credit cards they will, and then shops will stop selling PSP hardware because they make little to no profit on it (or sell well above RRP) Shops also take a loss leading strategy with consoles

Epic fail

No future for PSP. If you own one, it's time to sell it and get yourself a shiny new DS.

Message for Sony: Next time, take serious the big ones of handheld gaming.

leo-j said:
Whats the point, everyone will just download the ROM, and get the game for free..

Nobody buys psp games, they download them if they feel like getting a psp game.

This excuse needs to be retired. You've used this in every single PSP thread...