By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Come on then, guess the life time sales of the upcoming PS3 exclusives

Gran Turismo 5 - 6.5 million

Killzone 2 - 2 million

Heavy Rain - 500k

Infamous - 600 K

White Knight Chronicles - 500k

Team ICO's next game - 400k

God Of War III - 3 million

Uncharted 2 - 2 million

Around the Network
dolemit3 said:
Khuutra said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Gran Turismo 5 - 10 million is possible, but only through bundling. Since it's almost certain to be bundled (and the European PS3 sales will be huge when this game launches), I'd give it a slight chance. It definitely couldn't do it on its own.

Killzone 2 - This is really a tough one to say. I have no idea how it will sell, nor do most other people. 4.5 million is my rough guess.

Heavy Rain - I've heard very little about this game and I couldn't imagine it selling huge amounts. 500k lifetime?

Infamous - Could be a big hit like Uncharted, assuming the reviews and word of mouth are good. 1.8 million.

White Knight Chronicles - A lot of it depends on the Japanese sales, but I'd go with 750k lifetime.

Team ICO's next game - The last games weren't amazingly popular, so I don't see why this one would be either. 600k lifetime.

God Of War III - 2.8 million. It will definitely be a hit on the PS3, but it's just not a very big series.

Didn't Shadow of the Colossus break 1.5 million lifetime, counting all regions?

Both Ico and Shadow of the Colossus sold rather poorly considering they were on the PS2.

That has nothing to do with my question

dolemit3 said:
Khuutra said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Gran Turismo 5 - 10 million is possible, but only through bundling. Since it's almost certain to be bundled (and the European PS3 sales will be huge when this game launches), I'd give it a slight chance. It definitely couldn't do it on its own.

Killzone 2 - This is really a tough one to say. I have no idea how it will sell, nor do most other people. 4.5 million is my rough guess.

Heavy Rain - I've heard very little about this game and I couldn't imagine it selling huge amounts. 500k lifetime?

Infamous - Could be a big hit like Uncharted, assuming the reviews and word of mouth are good. 1.8 million.

White Knight Chronicles - A lot of it depends on the Japanese sales, but I'd go with 750k lifetime.

Team ICO's next game - The last games weren't amazingly popular, so I don't see why this one would be either. 600k lifetime.

God Of War III - 2.8 million. It will definitely be a hit on the PS3, but it's just not a very big series.

Both Ico and Shadow of the Colossus sold rather poorly considering they were on the PS2.

UH OH, we have ourselves a install base = sales dude in this thread

Khuutra said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Still not amazingly popular. Given the PS3's lower userbase, I couldn't imagine the next Team ICO game even being a million seller.

Christhor said:
numonex said:
Half of those games will be released in 2010. The other half spread out over 2009.

Uh... No.

Killzone 2 - Yes

Heavy Rain - Yes

Infamous - Yes

White Knight Chronicles - Yes

God Of War III  - Uncertain

Uncharted 2 - Uncertain

Will all more then likely be released in 2009.

The only ones that might not get released are: Trico and GT5.

I believe God of War 3 and Uncharted 2 could be released in 2010.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Khuutra said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Still not amazingly popular. Given the PS3's lower userbase, I couldn't imagine the next Team ICO game even being a million seller.

Well I'm not going to bet with you, but I really hope you're wrong - I will use as the basis of my hope the idea that Team ICO's game buyers are as hardcore and console loyal as it gets

Let me dream

No chance for Uncharted 2 to be released in 2010, and seeing as GoW 3 gameplay will be shown in 1 week and think it should be in 2009

numonex said:
Christhor said:
numonex said:
Half of those games will be released in 2010. The other half spread out over 2009.

Uh... No.

Killzone 2 - Yes

Heavy Rain - Yes

Infamous - Yes

White Knight Chronicles - Yes

God Of War III  - Uncertain

Uncharted 2 - Uncertain

Will all more then likely be released in 2009.

The only ones that might not get released are: Trico and GT5.

I believe God of War 3 and Uncharted 2 could be released in 2010.

Naughty Dog said before that it'll be out in 2009 and as far as I know, they have never missed a release.

God of War 3 might get delayed, but I really doubt it.

Gran Turismo 5 - 10 million

Killzone 2 - 2 Million

Heavy Rain - 700K

Infamous - 870K

White Knight Chronicles - 800K

Team ICO's next game - 600K

God Of War III - 2 Million

Uncharted 2 - 3 million

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Why are people predicting such awful Killzone 2 numbers? LBP should reach 2M and dont see that having anywhere near the popularity of Killzone 2.