By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Christmas Casualities: Maybe too early to call them?

sonic unleashed.. barely sold 100k on all platforms combined

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Around the Network

Endwar will do good in the long term since it is Tom Clancy. They need to advertise it more and show off the voice control which is awesome BTW.

arsenicazure said:
sonic unleashed.. barely sold 100k on all platforms combined

The Wii version alone cracked that, actually (0.11 million).

Of course, it's sold peanuts on the other platforms (on the Wii one too, come to think of it...), so it's only just cracked 200k combined.

YEOWCH!

^^ yea defntly wasnt the messiah game ppl were hoping for... time to do a 2d/3d version of sonic, mrvl vs capcom style..

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Chrizum said:
outlawauron said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
outlawauron said:
@ oy

Uncharted did make 2 million before bundles!

I know. What I meant was that it is doubtful that Motorstorm or Resistance would have made 2M without bundles. Then 2 other games have also made 2M, Uncharted and GT5:P (was that bundled btw?)

Well that's just not true either. Resistance 1 was bundled for a very brief time in 2007 and amassed less than 200k in sales through the bundles. The game is over 3 million. Motorstorm is the only case you have.

That's just not true. In Europe, every 60GB PS3 was bundled with Motorstorm and Resistance until other SKU's were announced.

OMG I don't know what to think (but I'm more inclined to go with the guy where the bundles actually were)!

Around the Network

LBP and Wii Music selling incredible for new IP. Both will hit 1 million next week, both will hit 2 million lifetime easily, 3 million a possibility.

How the hell is that a flop?

Bioshock for the PS3 was a late port, it was never going to sell well

scottie said:
LBP and Wii Music selling incredible for new IP. Both will hit 1 million next week, both will hit 2 million lifetime easily, 3 million a possibility.

One can argue that both of them have flopped relative to publishers' expectations. Recall that LBP was supposed to be Sony's biggest property in all three regions this year, and that it was supposed to be a hardware mover as well. Neither has happened.

Wii Music's doing well enough in the West, but I'm sure Nintendo expected it to do better. More solidly, it has yet to sell its initial shipment in Japan, despite having six weeks to do so. I can all but guarantee that that's not something Nintendo anticipated.

It's a pity for both, since they're both fantastic games (especially Wii Music), and I'm sure they're both profitable by now, but I think it's safe to say that Sony and Nintendo were expecting their titles to do more than they have so far.

Bioshock on the PS3 was never going to be a big seller...

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

colonelstubbs said:
Bioshock on the PS3 was never going to be a big seller...

What, just because it came out a year later, during the holiday season when there's plenty of other stuff to play?

Joo crazy!

noname2200 said:
scottie said:

One can argue that both of them have flopped relative to fanboy's expectations. Recall that LBP was supposed to be Sony's biggest property in all three regions this year, and that it was supposed to be a hardware mover as well. Neither has happened.

Fixed :P

I doubt Sony was the one saying LBP WILL BE HUEG!!!1