By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - ZERO graphicall Powerhouses coming to Wii

The last pic is from wich game?
Can't find it out and bengabenga doesn't answer to my PM x)

Around the Network
One_touch_KO said:
The last pic is from wich game?
Can't find it out and bengabenga doesn't answer to my PM x)

Sorry for my rude reply, I was thinking this was thread #76 about how Wii's graphics suck.

The last game is Kizuna. You can find all games for 2009 in this thread. It is still work in progress, but gives you an idea: http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=34940&start=50

One_touch_KO said:
LOL people you're getting pissed with me.

This: I love the Wii, is the best console EVER for me. I woudn't trade it for any console out there. Okay?

Buuuut, just compare those screenshots you just put here and compare to Killzone 2, Crysis and Alan Wake!!!! Of course they are powerhouses... for the WII!
Generally, they are average looking games considering what's out there.
Everyone got me?

I think we getcha.

BUT!...there's still a flaw in your argument. While you're obviously correct that the Wii can't do photorealistic, like the HD consoles, a game can still be a graphical powerhouse with the proper art direction. Muramasa has already been posted in this thread, but it's a perfect example of a game that's truly beautiful (I think it's better than the games you listed, personally).

You don't need processing power to have a graphical powerhouse. Two of the best-looking games ever, Okami and Wind Waker, came out last generation, for instance. The HD consoles can obviously match that, if the creators were interested, but that doesn't disqualify my statement.

So, er...endrant?

P.S. Welcome!

I might add this into contention:

Almost looks better than the PS360 version of Unleashed, imo.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

One of the things that Nintendo has proven this generation is that graphics are not #1 in the mind of the consumer. Maybe the next wii will compete with MS and Sony on the graphics front...but for now it's all about innovative games.

Around the Network

Wii games have much better game play than HD consoles. Unlimited possibilities with the Wii in terms of game play. Only limitations of the Wii are the SD graphics.

good one. yeh i agree, the cutscenes and music for metal gear is sick, i need to buy the entire collection of soundtrack for all the games, i already got part 4 soundtrack, but i need the rest, espically part 3. i loved part 3 soundtrack

One_touch_KO said:

I've seen this threads for all platforms, now Wii as one too! ROFL

Personally as a Wii owner I don't mind. Any platform there won't give me the same amazing experience I had with Zack and Wiki and what I will have with The Conduit (good looking, better than a few first-gen PS360 games IMO) Wii Sports Resort, next Zelda and whatever.

You, Wii owner, mind about this?

EDIT: Sorry my english, it is graphical no graphicaLL as it is in the title. LOL

I don't mind that the graphical powerhuses for the wii are barely better then the average graphics of most PS360 games.  At long as at least some of it's games are as good graphically as the PS2 powerhouses, I am fine with that.  If I wasn't, I would buy a PS3 or 360.  Right now, it's more likely I will buy a second Wii (so my daughter can have her own when she goes to college next year) then get a PS3 or 360.

i doubt their will be zero coming in 09, i am sure nintendo will show something that takes advantage of the wii's power like they did with super mario galaxy. and with the conduit,and house of the dead:overkill,monster hunter 3 and others i am sure the wii will have a few good graphical titles to show what can be done with time,effort and resources with the wii.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

numonex said:
Wii games have much better game play than HD consoles. Unlimited possibilities with the Wii in terms of game play. Only limitations of the Wii are the SD graphics.

I agree with this. Only problem is developers aren't making anything with substantiouly(pardon my crap spelling) better gameplay yet. 

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.