By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Walmart to offer tens of thousands of Wiis on Monday

Khuutra said:

...What are you anticipating for this weeks numbers, exactly?

I just think it'll be less than BF, by a fair amount.  It'll still be stellar, for the Wii at least.

Around the Network
Groucho said:
Khuutra said:

I just think it'll be less than BF, by a fair amount.  It'll still be stellar, for the Wii at least.

You think? Last year sales kept climbing after Black Friday, though.

Groucho said:

I doubt NoA's HQ has anything to do with regional shipping, or supply.  I also doubt that you can truly deny that my experience is any less common that your own, unless you are a sales professional, or otherwise.  We'll see, in not too long, when this week's numbers come out.

No professional, just someone who's keeping his ears open to multiple venues, including national news stories. But as you said, time will tell soon enough.

Khuutra said:
Groucho said:
Khuutra said:

You can hold your breath, if you like. =)  

I have a darker economic outlook than you do, clearly.

Groucho said:
Khuutra said:
Groucho said:
Khuutra said:

No, you just have a more positive assumption concerning the average person's short-term fiscal responsibility.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Groucho said:
Khuutra said:

No, you just have a more positive assumption concerning the average person's short-term fiscal responsibility.

Lol.

If not selling out anymore meant lower future sales, then how do you explain the DS?

So then we can expect nearly 1 million for wii in NA?

mM
leo-j said:

Just for kicks, I'm gonna call 550K NA, 900K WW.  Hopefully ioi will post the #s shortly.

Who else wants to stick their neck out for a wild guess... oh I mean estimate? =)

leo-j said:

Last week was 800k. I doubt Nintendo has enough shipments to keep up such numbers twice in a row. Plus, I've been hearing that most other retailers didn't get new shipments this week; perhaps they were diverted to WalMart (and...Gamestop!?).

It'll be much lower than 800k, I think.