By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - 2540p - Here we go with new video format - will it ever end...

LOL, that was a quick jump in resolution

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Around the Network

i guess the question is, what resolution is normal film for a movie?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra_High_Definition_Video

"The new format with a resolution of 7,680 × 4,320 pixels is four times as wide and four times as high (for a total of 16 times the pixel resolution) as existing HDTV, which has a maximum resolution of 1920 × 1080 pixels."

yeah, that is TRUE UHD.... obviously the problem with all of these formats is STORAGE. A blu-ray disc can only hold a few minutes of a UHD movie... LOL.

@catprog2:

no 1440p is like something x 1440 my guess 2048x1440

@ssj12:

your wrong about the 48inch and above. It all depends on pixel size.
Apprently panasonic been working on there new lcds (saw a doco on tv about technology) it will have double the pixels it has now. so like a 2x1080p (2160p) native lol.

They should just build holographic televisions

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

With new information, only one question lingers: Is it NOW possible that PS4 will be more powerful than PS3? I doubt it, but it makes you wonder :D

Around the Network

For those wondering: 1440P = 2560x1440

z64dan said:

i guess the question is, what resolution is normal film for a movie?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra_High_Definition_Video

"The new format with a resolution of 7,680 × 4,320 pixels is four times as wide and four times as high (for a total of 16 times the pixel resolution) as existing HDTV, which has a maximum resolution of 1920 × 1080 pixels."

yeah, that is TRUE UHD.... obviously the problem with all of these formats is STORAGE. A blu-ray disc can only hold a few minutes of a UHD movie... LOL.

Have you heard of HVD? Storage wouldn't be a problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holographic_Versatile_Disc

Since 2540p is the new Hi def, are PS3/360 now deemed low def and Wii now deemed black and white?

rubido said:
Since 2540p is the new Hi def, are PS3/360 now deemed low def and Wii now deemed black and white?

no 2540p is Ultra HD. Wii is still a standard def console and PS3/360 HD Consoles.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Cobretti said:
@catprog2:

no 1440p is like something x 1440 my guess 2048x1440

It would be 2560x1440 (16:9 resolution)

@ssj12:

your wrong about the 48inch and above. It all depends on pixel size.
Apprently panasonic been working on there new lcds (saw a doco on tv about technology) it will have double the pixels it has now. so like a 2x1080p (2160p) native lol.

Right on the the 48inch part, wrong about the resolution. 2160p would be 4x the resolution. It would be roughly 2715x1527

"Suck on it" -vgchartz mod