By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Days of Just Assuming that the Wii Version is Inferior are OVER!

It is interesting to speculate that if the Wii is becoming so much more competitive because of a more serious effort by developers, what exactly is going to happen when you add to that:

Personally, I think it will be a whole new ball game which is going to stand the game world on its head. (IMHO)

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Soriku said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Might wanna wait until we get some examples of games that people actually care about :P

I was sure people cared about CoD/GH/Sonic at the very least.

Wii version of COD has a lower score :/

I think the only reason GH is slighter higher on Wii is because IGN thought Rockband 2 was a much better game, which hurt the scores for the HD versions.

And no one's cared about Sonic for... about a decade now :P

Oh, you'll pay for that!

Or GH might be higher due to its wii specific features, such as rumble.

I doubt this will change anytime soon. I expect the Wii to pick up exclusives PS3 would have had now, but overall, the 360 will keep on destroying the wii when it comes to Multiplatform games.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Grampy said:

It is interesting to speculate that if the Wii is becoming so much more competitive because of a more serious effort by developers, what exactly is going to happen when you add to that:

Personally, I think it will be a whole new ball game which is going to stand the game world on its head. (IMHO)

Wii Motion Plus can become so incredibly fantastic!
I really hope its potential will be used.
It could even make a mediocre game like Red Steel a worthy purchase, let alone a Zelda game with it.

I actually think Red Steel 2 will be among the first games to use it. Ubisoft was one of the first to make games for Wii, the first to make a big budget Balance Board game and I think they'll be the first to use WM+.

Grampy said:
Legend11 said:
I actually agree with the original author that the days of assuming the Wii version of multi-platform games are inferior are over but in my opinion it will be for another reason. I think the trend of making games significantly different for Wii (like EA Sports has done) will become far more common.

Not a different reason at all:

"What almost all of these games have in common is that the developers chose to write a separate version designed for the Wii and to take advantage of its unique strength. I hope and will even predict that this trend will increase." (from OP)

But it is amazing how much better the Wii does when the games are actually designed for it.

Definitely agree with that.  It's funny how all these Wii-bashers diss games that were watered-down and slapped onto the Wii, and forget the fiasco that was the Xbox 360 version of Rayman Raving Rabbids.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network
psrock said:
I doubt this will change anytime soon. I expect the Wii to pick up exclusives PS3 would have had now, but overall, the 360 will keep on destroying the wii when it comes to Multiplatform games.

As impressive as the 360 game scores have been, and as dominant as they have generally  been in multi-platform games; even with the advantage of better graphics, and far better third party support the 360 has NOT always DESTROYED the Wii in MetaCritic scores:

Shaun White -15
GH WT -1
CoD WaW +1
Dance Dance Revolution -4
Lego Batman +2
Madden 09 +2
Sonic Unleased -9
WWE Smackdown vs Raw Tie
PDC World Champion Darts -10
Rayman Raving Rabbits -7

For now it’s just a few surprises but with the improving third party support and more versions written expressly for the Wii and with the coming advent of Motion Plus; maybe it’s something you had better get used to.

Shaun white not a good game on any platform lol

They are finally making good multi plat wii games. Good to see. This is evident with World Tour and World At war

I thought that BS cliche ended with Winning Eleven for Wii?

without reading the post.

the first thing that came to my mind was "well... it's a fact"

after reading the topic post it's alot of cherry picking.

3 games are not changing a main trend we have seen...

and shaun's white its considered at better by some reviews by the use of a external accessory.

graphically, physics,animations, textures, sound are inferior to it's HD counterparts.

It has taken a while, but it is finally happening.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."