By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Mario Hardcore? (Help me win an argument please)

itz only 4 kidz lolz

no gunz and bloodz u no roflz

HALO 3 FTW BOIZ

Around the Network
exnoctem said:
Show me a little Kid who can beat luigis purple coins and maybe your friends would have an argument.

4 ≈ One

Well put it this way.... let those who claim Galaxy is for kids get 121 stars each for Mario and Luigi... then tell me what they think....HaHaHa I can already say it : HA Ha Ha HA HA

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

waron said:
lol?
for god, sake another "casual game and hardcore game" crap?

first of all ther is no such thing as casual and hardcore games, but there is casual and hardcore gamer. plus most gamers even on ps360 are play games casually(just for fun) which makes them casual gamers. they would be hardcore gamers if they would be devoted to gaming and spending every free minute with controler in their hands. i've spended more than 90 hours in Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Heroes 2 and more than 60 hours in Innocent Life on psp, about 300 hours in mario kart and more than 700 hours in Brawl which makes me hardcore Brawl/Mario Kart/Innocent Life/Naruto: UNH2 gamer and at the same time i play casually in God of War, GTA San Andreas and Call of Duty 4 from time to time.

Bolded - Is what I was gonna say.  Secondly = good post.

In other news: I can see where Mario wouldn't be considered a "hardcore" game, due to the fact it is not a difficult game to play and beat.  However, If you consider that its a franchise that has been around for over 20 years now (25 years actually) and sztill keeps its fanbase for the most part, while providing both fresh new ideas and original gameplay goodness.  Yeah its fucking HARD-Core.  No other franchise can say that.  No other franchise has held on to it's purity as effectivly as Mario.

I say tell them to eat a dick.  Chances are they aren't even old enough to have played the original.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Millennium said:
dib8rman said:
@radha

Video games.... are games guy, games are not what adults do, here's a course very short and sweet.

Kids - Go to school, play in activities, do homework, play some more, go to bed.
Adults- Coffee, work, parenting/sexual relationship, sleep.

What a sad definition of adulthood you have. Growing up is severely overrated if it means having to put aside the "childish" things.

Right on!! I HATE that saying!

My Life (Adult) - Coffee, work, VGChartz, Sexual relationship, play games, hausehalt helfen, need to finish school, sex some more, go to bed.

hmmm...  what about bieng a child again?

(I think I do see your point though, but again I believe you have veered off in the territory where people are arguing against an improperly nameed rating system rather than taking the argument straight up)  

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Around the Network

There is nothing hardcore about an overweight plumber.....

If you aren't playing B3YOND, you're playing behind

Playstation 3: It Only Does Everything

SCEA said:
There is nothing hardcore about an overweight plumber.....

I dunno... I saw this movie with an overweight plumber in it once - twas fairly hardcore

The only people who think Mario is "for kids" are immature fools insecure about their own manhood, afraid to admit that they'd get pwned by a cartoon plumber.

vizunary said:

In order of current popularity they are Spider, Klondike and Free Cell.

Spider and klondike are for casuals. Real gamers play Free Cell!! :P

I'm 18 (Adult) and I play Mario

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)