By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Mario Hardcore? (Help me win an argument please)

Well, I have to say Mario not attratcing hardcore fans is a lie. In my school, most of my friends that play Gears,Halo, and mostly all those third person shooters love Mario. As hard as it to beleive Mario pertains to the hardcore fanbase. The majority of hardcore gamers play Mario and Zelda more than a shooting game. Lets not forget Mario and Zelda are veterans in the gaming industry compared to the characters in hardcore games.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network

id say platformers are usually more casual.. since theyr designed to let anyone pick up a contoller n run/jump easily without any headache..

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

@arsen

a. Duh Blast Processing
b. Mario Strikers V_V
c. Captain Rainbow?
d. next gen
e. Virginity first, children second.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

@dib8rman

a. post sonic 3?
b. did the game only star mario?
c. not M rated
d. which is pretty much in tune with the ps2/dual shock.
e. or in sega's case:twins first, puberty after

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Please tell me where this online board is lol

Anyways, casual is a term HD fanboys use as an excuse for losing :P

Around the Network
dib8rman said:
@radha

Video games.... are games guy, games are not what adults do, here's a course very short and sweet.

Kids - Go to school, play in activities, do homework, play some more, go to bed.
Adults- Coffee, work, parenting/sexual relationship, sleep.

What a sad definition of adulthood you have. Growing up is severely overrated if it means having to put aside the "childish" things.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

if you mean it has mature themes then no it doesn't.
If you mean it has hours and hours of gameplay than yes it does.

theprof00 said:
if you mean it has mature themes then no it doesn't.
If you mean it has hours and hours of gameplay than yes it does.

i'm with this guy.

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

The main platforming series is no doubt hard core.
(>'.')>

Mario can be made easy (60 stars in SMG) or hardcore (purple coins/mirror Mario Kart), so it's fo everyone, including hardcore.