By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So Resident evil 5 will release in the same time frame as Killzone 2

RE5 is releasing at a very close time frame that killzone 2 is releasing, do you guys think its a bad idea for sony to release KZ2 close to RE5?

Im sure RE fans will buy RE5 over killzone 2, and thats what bothers me, could we have a R2 vs COD situation again?

mM
Around the Network

I don't think Resident Evil 5 will cannibalize Killzone 2's sales like COD:WaW did Resistance 2's. They're not nearly as comparable - not even the same genre - so it's not the same.

It really doesnt matter, its still 60 buks per game, and the economy isnt doing too well, people will have to choose between RE5 and KZ2, and im sure killzone wont get the pick.

mM

They aren't really comparable whatsoever. RE5 will pwn Killzone 2 in sales, but KZ2 will still sell whatever it was going to.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I dont think so, both games are going to be amazing. RE5 is huge and will easily outsell KZ2 simply because it is RE and it's multi-plat. But PS3 fans have been clamoring for KZ2 since the first vids started showing up on the internet.

I anticipate MGS4 type sales for KZ2. But, perhaps I am being optimistic. I just know, that if, and when, I get a PS3, MGS4, KZ2, and LBP are my first buys. I have my 360 for all the other awesomesauce titles........XD.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
It really doesnt matter, its still 60 buks per game, and the economy isnt doing too well, people will have to choose between RE5 and KZ2, and im sure killzone wont get the pick.

It might get picked if Sony does their job and markets it right.

Besides, if affording two games is such a stretch for a person, they'd probably be better off getting Killzone 2 since the online provides much more replay value.

The question isnt if KZ2 will sell as well as RE5, but its whether or not RE5 will steal Killzone 2's sales

mM

@TheTruthHurts!: I actually think it'll sell better than MGS, on the grounds of being a just-as-hyped game in a much more popular genre.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I was actually giving this some thought not too long ago. I think you might be onto something. For me, I will not buy KZ2 untill I see a few reviews. RE5 is a definite buy though.

I hope that made some form of contribution to this thread.

I cant see RE5 taking Killzone 2 sales, both are just so different. Killzone 2 has in time already become a monster in terms of hype so it will sell great and RE5........no duh!