By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Within the next few months, Wii Sports will be the best selling game ever

According to this site. Current sales:

Super Mario Bros.: 40.24 million
Wii Sports: 34.98

About five million to go, with the holiday season still ahead.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

has a slight chance to break it this year but itll have the record by febuary 2009

Oh Wow...

I can't say if that is good or bad.

I wanna say congratulations to it, it's done an incredible job, helping make gaming a socially acceptable pastime

Around the Network

It's bundled with every Wii outside Japan. I say it's cheating :P

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Way to go Nintendo, you really hit a home run with this one.

Doesn't really matter that it was bundled because Super Mario Bros. was too.

Kantor said:
It's bundled with every Wii outside Japan. I say it's cheating :P

SuperMario Bros. was bundled with every NES in America (where over half of the NES sales were)

-------

@ Topic... it will certainly manage to top the chart by the end of this year, but that won't be including other versions of SMB like on the VC.... so it will be another couple of months till it fully outsells it.

@rolstoppable

pokemon too

like it or not pokemon is still the HIGHEST SELLING non-bundled game -- this is what counts imo (tetris was bundled I think)

Pokemon remains one of the most popular gaming properties ever!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I guess we can say that SMB has changed gaming once. Wii sports will change it again. The sequel will be big, even without bundles.

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com