By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The lack of advertising of ps3

@ seece
well because i dont own a 360 i dont know if it is netflix
basically its those people showing their heads smiling and then the camera pans to the back of them and there is a movie showing and then it ends on "download movies onto your xbox"
Its really wierd becuse some people have been saying there a few up but i have seen so few lately and loads of wii and 360 ones!

Around the Network

There have been a lot of advertisements in the United States. Maybe that's because our economy is doing so well.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Well the ads there seem better there then they do here in the states man, no ads are better then the ads being put out here, Sony used to be the king of marketing now it varies between ads using racist stereotype squirrels, an army that oddly looks like the Nazi army even with a big banner and a giant X in the middle of a circle, then ads where you don't know what in the world is going on or what point it's trying to make, and then just these pathetic ads with LBP reflecting off the windows of a building with nothing explaining it or ads where it's talking about how this guy got a hook up from playing Buzz at a party...

Really... Sony went from being the marketing machine that sold their systems on name alone at times... to this... really guys? How did this happen? I'm really confused... I think I need a drink... or at least the marketing department of Sony does... I mean those bad ideas you make up when you're drunk would make better ads then what Sony has been doing lately...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

ive seen Sony's ads on prime-time TV at times of Soup Operas and crap on those channels.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Well i have to disagree i live in the UK and i dont watch much television, yet i have seen fair amount of Sony adverts lately (Guitar Hero, Smackdown, LBP , PES 2009) quite often.

To be fair Xbox 360 commercials are everywhere , every commercial break. it's getting quite annoying (Last Remnant ad especially)

And Wii has a fair few, but i see less of them then 360 and PS3 (ds has more then Wii as well)

I think problem with Sony is not the number, its the quality LBP ad is very confusing and not very interesting, i saw it with my housmates and they did not understand what's the game is about, and they were completely uninterested in it.

Around the Network

In the Netherlands there a lot of BLU-RAY ON PS3 commercials on the TV.. and just one for a game: LBP.. they are pushing BLU-RAY a lot more as the main thing of the PS3 then games.... in the netherlands

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Lolcislaw i dont know where you watch or at what time? but tbh i have seen very few ps3 adverts jus one lbp ages ago and loads of 360 and wii ones. Maybe im turning the tv on at the wrong time?!

To all the "****" boys :

Sony is just saving money

also, advertising a 400$ system costs a lot AND doesn't have much impact on the sales ...

(people can't afford it whatever they want or not)

Time to Work !

i saw 1 for resistance 2 in an odeon cinema though...

oh, and yes in France : no PS3 ad

well

4 Wii
4 DS
3 Xbox360
1 PS3

Time to Work !