By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN Nintendo minute, clears up Reggie's "third parties don't get it" quote

what franachises have we got left?

for major ones ive got: f-zero(monster game?), star fox, kirby,proper wii zelda, donkey kong platformer, pikmin, puzzle league, yoshi and maybe a new mario.

then of course we could have more frnachise revivals, maybe kid icarus or game and watch

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network
woopah said:

for major ones ive got: f-zero(monster game?), star fox, kirby,proper wii zelda, donkey kong platformer, pikmin, puzzle league, yoshi and maybe a new mario.

then of course we could have more frnachise revivals, maybe kid icarus or game and watch

If thats the franchise they have to announced than YEAH, sure... why not?

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Do you mean the RPG one or the platformer one?

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

woopah said:

They could also keep creating new franchises, which has worked out for them and us pretty well so far.

I think you've mentioned all the big franchises that haven't shown up yet (and a few more besides, like Puzzle League). If you want to get into the B-List console stuff, there's 1080, Wave Race, Chibi-Robo, Mario Golf, and Custom Robo, and likely a few more.

Then there's C-List games like Geist, Giftpia, Cubivore, Doshin, etc.

They can also port over more of their DS properties. They've got several new ones there, and Trace Memory is making the jump, so there's a chance others might too.

noname2200 said:
woopah said:

They could also keep creating new franchises, which has worked out for them and us pretty well so far.

I think you've mentioned all the big franchises that haven't shown up yet (and a few more besides, like Puzzle League). If you want to get into the B-List console stuff, there's 1080, Wave Race, Chibi-Robo, Mario Golf, and Custom Robo, and likely a few more.

They can also port over more of their DS properties. They've got several new ones there, and Trace Memory is making the jump, so there's a chance others might too.

I'm hoping Capcom makes a Wii Ace Attorney game--I wanna thrust my Wii-mote forward and shout "OBJECTION!!!!" into my WiiSpeak

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

i agree that nintendo are and will creat new franchises, in fact im playing one of them (disaster) right now. i was simply exploring whether every major frnachise will see a wii/wiiware game. stuff like geist and giftpia arent yet franchises but that could change.its also interesting that the new IPs are usually second party.new first party IPs are rare, pikmin is the only gamecube one i can think of. however with monolith looking to estbalish new franchises and with miyamoto now free from wii series we will see what they can come up with

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

scottie said:
http://vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=8958

DKII did the banning, but it was for multiple offenses, so it may have been a joint effort

ROFFLE! trestres got gang-banned. Unfortunately, he'll probably just keep trolling when his month's (ROFFLE) ban is up.

Also:

Want.

Do not want.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

noname2200 said:
woopah said:

Geist is a good game, very underrated.

And how did my thread turn from explaining Reggies quote to compairing Nintendo female spokesmen? XD

Also there's been talk of 1080 in the works (balance board game of course) and Miyamoto is supposed to be working on it, I would say late 2009 early 2010 for it though it would be a good time for that game I'd say. 

Which it would be a surprise if 1080 came out in Q1 2009 that was talked about in the quote, "some surprise titles", it would be perfect I say.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Please announce Kirby Wii!!!!

(I have a six-year-old son who loves all things Kirby -- except the old cartoon which he feels he is too young to watch).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

I think Wii owners dont bite a mario RPG. Even in PS2 days seem RPGs are declining...

E3 2010- Tape runs out