By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts get Haze-ed?

7.9 is what most games get nowadays. Only greatly masterpieces avergae 85+ and Banjo is damn close to that.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

Around the Network
ultimate_123 said:
7.9 is what most games get nowadays. Only greatly masterpieces avergae 85+ and Banjo is damn close to that.

Or Grand Theft Auto and Final Fantasy.

I prefer to play the N64 Banjo so much better imo.

Infamous said:
scottie said:
Whilst it may be a good game, it's not selling as well as the old banjo's because it's not as good as them. I'm sorry, Rare lost so many devs when they went over to MS that they just aren't capable of making games like they used to

Except it's made by the original Banjo team. Play the game, then talk. Everyone in this topic who has actually played it has said nothing but praise.

Well I own it and have played it plenty.  It has a lot of issues.  Starting out the game has extremely loose and furstrating controls.  It's not particularly fun until you've unlocked a lot of the late-game vehicle parts.  It's also incredibly repetitive, and has no platforming whatsoever outside of the limited exploration in showdown town.  The physics are glitchy, and you can get vehicles stuck on damn near anything in the world, including the enemies.

Banjo is not a great game.  It's a reasonably good, but very flawed, game.  79 is about right.

PS: This game was not hyped but it sure as hell cost Microsoft a lot of money.  It's been in development more than 3 years, and because of their new policies on "casual" game pricing it had to launch at $40, which means it will probably never even remotely see a return on the financial investment.  Then again, these days Microsoft is so uncaring on how they blow their cash and how little effect it has on their console sales that this is just a drop of loss in a very large pond.

naznatips said:
Infamous said:
scottie said:
Whilst it may be a good game, it's not selling as well as the old banjo's because it's not as good as them. I'm sorry, Rare lost so many devs when they went over to MS that they just aren't capable of making games like they used to

Except it's made by the original Banjo team. Play the game, then talk. Everyone in this topic who has actually played it has said nothing but praise.

Well I own it and have played it plenty. It has a lot of issues. Starting out the game has extremely loose and furstrating controls. It's not particularly fun until you've unlocked a lot of the late-game vehicle parts. It's also incredibly repetitive, and has no platforming whatsoever outside of the limited exploration in showdown town. The physics are glitchy, and you can get vehicles stuck on damn near anything in the world, including the enemies.

Banjo is not a great game. It's a reasonably good, but very flawed, game. 79 is about right.

PS: This game was not hyped but it sure as hell cost Microsoft a lot of money. It's been in development more than 3 years, and because of their new policies on "casual" game pricing it had to launch at $40, which means it will probably never even remotely see a return on the financial investment. Then again, these days Microsoft is so uncaring on how they blow their cash and how little effect it has on their console sales that this is just a drop of loss in a very large pond.

Microsoft payed a lot of money for a game's development yet they didn't even hype it?  Way to go, Microsoft, for spending money like you are rich people.

Around the Network
dbot said:
arsenicazure said:
it should easily cross 750k units over time... not a hit but shd recover its money

ill give it a shot once it hits the bargain bin

It was released in the bargain bin at $40 + a free xbla game.

This game was not really hyped anymore than any other platform exclusive game.  There was a period when the demo released that some people started to claim it a AAA title with the "best next gen graphics."  But the anticipation leading to its release was nothing like Haze.  Banjo is only 60k behind where Ratchet was and Ratchet is at 1.5 million.

yea more like 29.99 though..im sticking with wii for platformers right now

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

thanny said:
Infamous said:
scottie said:

i cant belive how much you are attacking everyone in this thread. It rated 79. Clearly there is something wrong with the game!

and, in your first post you said 'fail' at the OP. Yes your opinion is cleary different (and more bias probably) then the first poster, but by the way you sound its like the OP said some crazy, absurd stupid thing.

When a game, whos franchise has sold over 5 million in its previous two installments, sells only 200k in the first three weeks of sales you cannot in your right mind claim it to be a success. Its just plain stupid. Sure, it may have great legs or whatever, and it may not. But at this stage it isnt doing very well

First and foremost, notice I only "attacked" people who haven't played it yet critisized it like everyone is doing. The other people I critisized had a PSN in their sig with no 360 games owned, and are fooling themselves if they think the game was hyped. The only intelligent response to me came from Nazna, which I will respond to in a bit.

Did you ever read the reviews? The majority of negativity come from the fact that Rare uses vehicles. Most review sites have a strong bias, and it CLEARLY shows. It goes to show that, if there were no traditional-platform bias, this game would be rated around 85-90 pretty easily on Metacritic. If it had been Banjo-Threeie, you can bet your asses multiple 9.5's would've been thrown out. But enough of that.

You don't realize there's a big difference between you and everyone else bashing sales. Everyone else mentioned "hype," while you're comparing it to previous installments. That just goes to show that you're really not seeing why people are bashing those mentioning the word "hype." Your argument is very credible, theirs isn't. The OP DID say a very absurd thing. This game was the OPPOSITE of hyped; people were running away from it before it even launched because of the mention of vehicles. All you saw was massive negativity, so much so that Rare had to address it with conferences and statements to try and secure it's previous fans. Judging from the way you constantly mention "previous installments" (even in other topics), I'm guessing you're one of those upset traditional fans.

You talk about "great legs or whatever" as if it's nothing. Look at Viva Pinata, the legs is what carried it to 1.70m so far. Did you SEE those first month sales? And that's counting Japan! They were HORRIBLE for one of the most underrated games of this gen. But, as you can see, legs can make you travel a long way. Hence the term "legs." Now look at Banjo's sales, without even counting Japan. This game releases in Japan on the 11th, so counting that and the rest of the holiday, this will be an easy 400-500k seller by the end of December. And being that it is Banjo, just imagine the legs. EASY million seller. What will you say then? You're right, sure it doesn't compare to the sales of the original in '98, but for other people to mention the word "hyped," it's a pretty sad thing.

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*