By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN's most epic fail EVER

Godot said:
I played a football manager game a long time ago. The interface was simple but it didn`t have anything to do with actually playing football. I don`t think that guy understood the point of the game. Reviewers should never review games they don`t understand.

If that is the case, they shouldn't have even touched Wii Music.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

ok, my numbers are some how inaccurate, lol . but is a fact that football (soccer) is the worlds most popular game...

IGN and creditability don't work mix well together

I've never heard of this game, and from the sounds of it, my guess would be its an excel sheet and a newspaper...

StanGable said:
I found it accurate and well written. Soccer is a worthless sport. I was born and raised in Mexico and was a soccer fanatic. However, after moving to the States, finding out what school spirit meant (because outside of this country, no fucking place in the world has any clue what school spirit is and it is essential to love the sport and then appreciate the NFL) and getting to truly understand American Football I found out that it is way better than soccer.

Soccer is just a pointless sport where the same 4 teams in the world always win and its more about luck than precision. In American Football, you have to be a total badass to make plays happen and if you can pull it off and not loose the ball after being hit, then you truly are a badass. In soccer all they do is cry and play to be drama actors pretending they got hurt after being pushed a little.

So in conclusion: If you haven't lived the American way of life, immerse yourself in the culture and give American Football the opportunity of understanding, you will never know why American feels the way they do about soccer and why it sucks.

OK, let me know if I understood, so just because you don't like football then it's automatically a fact that football sucks? (when it's by far the most popular sport in the world and that IS a fact, so that means the most percentage of people think football is the best sport in the world).

And maybe there's a reason that american football is only popular in the US, maybe it's that people of other countries get bored with it (I know I do, for me it's the second most boring sport ever, after baseball). I don't know why you'd need an insight on a culture to enjoy a sport. I love the English Premier League and I've never been to England and felt the "culture". I love F1 since I was 9 and there has never been a race in my country since before that. What the hell does have culture to do with the enjoyment a sport is able to provide?

Around the Network

well who the fuck would want to play a soccer game where you dont play soccer....seriously

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Is a manager game, MrBubbles and its very popular in the UK and the meditteranean countries...

This is basically the same reason reviewers give bad scores to casual games. They only review games for themselves. They need to have a more open mind and review for who the game is catering to.

MrBubbles said:
well who the fuck would want to play a soccer game where you dont play soccer....seriously

I would. I played all the FM's since CM4 (that's the 2002-2003 version) and loved them all. Seriously, it's one of the most inmersive games ever, you know a game sucks you in and doesn't let you go when you're celebrating like crazy a goal one of your dots scored. I totaled 12-13 seasons in FM2005, that was around 6-7 days of playing (or if you want, 144-168 hours), a bit less on the other games, but still a lot on every one. And the catch of the game is that you don't play, it's all about the decisions you make, the players you sign, the tactics you set...and then letting the players talk in the field

zexen_lowe said:

And maybe there's a reason that american football is only popular in the US, maybe it's that people of other countries get bored with it (I know I do, for me it's the second most boring sport ever, after baseball).

O_o

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur