By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader?

hey, im smarter than a two year old! but not three! >_>

Around the Network

For one million dollars, here is your 5th Grade Math Question.

Please factor the cubic equation 3x^3 + 7x^2 - 5x - 6 = 0 into a trinomial and graph it on a Cartesian Coordinate System.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

zexen_lowe said:

I knew the answers to all those questions except the Iowa one (after all, I don't live in the US). And who doesn't know the capital of which country is Copenhague? Hell, they aren't asking you for the capital of Malawi (sorry for any Malawian), just for the capital of Denmark!. I knew that answer before I was in 5th grade

But I agree (when I once saw the localized TV show here) that the questions are not in the level of a 5th grader but higher. Still, it's a marketing trick, it wouldn't be as marketable if it was called "Are you smarter than a 15y.o. nerd kid?"

To be fair, different countries have different curriculums in their grades, years or whatever you call it. 

But I do agree a lot of the questions are ridiculous and goes to show you that kids now are getting taught new stuff every day.  I sure as hell didn't learn half of that shit till I was in middle school.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

I hate that show....

But a lot of times I do know the answers, but I never learned them in 5th grade.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

No but I am stronger so I will get the information I need... the easy way.. or the hard way...

Around the Network

Some of that stuff I only learnt in highschool!

I didn't learn anything like that in 5th grade. I remember that I learned:

1. Talk to people every day if you want them to consider you a friend, even if you have nothing to say. Just say hello.

2. Atoms are small particles that make up everything

3. Long division

4. How to construct grammatically correct sentences

5. Most people are idiots by their own choosing, and will probably not change. Don't try to change them, but unfortunately you cannot avoid them, but you can keep them from being good friends by only talking to them occasionally.

We never learned any bull shit about horses sleeping or tertiary colors.

dtewi said:

Please factor the cubic equation 3x^3 + 7x^2 - 5x - 6 = 0 into a trinomial and graph it on a Cartesian Coordinate System.

I can do that! We llearned how to do it... in Algebra 2... what 5th grader knows how to do that?

Hawkeye said:
dtewi said:

I can do that! We llearned how to do it... in Algebra 2... what 5th grader knows how to do that?

I highly doubt you can, that polynomial has no rational roots

There is no way the kids on that show are tought about biology in grade 1.