By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is The 360 The Poor Mans Console?

Is The 360 The Poor Mans Console?

yeah, definitely, specially if your mod it. Well, the PS2 is cheaper and , of course, it can be modded too, so that would make it the poorest man's console. Ah, the Wii can be modded, too, so I guess the 360 is just the "Poor man's HD console "

Around the Network

The 360 is for people who don't want to work two jobs to be able to afford a PS3.

it has nothing to do Microsoft made the price cut because during the whole year of 2008 the ps3 was beating the xbox 360 so they cut the price just so sony wouldn't beat them (it's a business strategy).

Peter Griffin voice: What?

Yeah but if you live in a big mansion do you not want to be seen with the most expensive one.
The reason I started this was the other day I was in this guys house and it was a really expensive property with every mod con you can imagine built in.
The hdmi cables going to the ps3 were something like 80 euros each and I told him I had the 360 and he just looked at me with that expression that said pfft I wouldnt have that in this property.
hence my question.

Around the Network
Garnett said:
oliminator1994 said:
well really the xbox is the rich mans console because you have to pay money over time which you wouldnt ordinarly pay.(xbox live fees)

Yea the 360 ruined the worlds economy!!!!! Paying for xbox live took a massive 380 billion dollar toll on the world,why you think people are straving in Africa,cause they choose to play Xbox Live!

Yea 5$ a MONTH by choice is really taking a beating on us poor folk...

Dont even get me started on the great depression.

With 14 million subs (not all Gold I know) at 5 bucks a month....  that would be 70 million dollars a month....maybe you Live Subs could/should be saving the children in Africa.

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”

Stephen Henry Roberts

well the slut is winning ( second place)

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

reask said:
Yeah but if you live in a big mansion do you not want to be seen with the most expensive one.
The reason I started this was the other day I was in this guys house and it was a really expensive property with every mod con you can imagine built in.
The hdmi cables going to the ps3 were something like 80 euros each and I told him I had the 360 and he just looked at me with that expression that said pfft I wouldnt have that in this property.
hence my question.

He could've been a fanboy. The real "rich" man would have all 3 systems just to shove it in his guests face.

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

swarley said:
Garnett said:
oliminator1994 said:
well really the xbox is the rich mans console because you have to pay money over time which you wouldnt ordinarly pay.(xbox live fees)

Yea the 360 ruined the worlds economy!!!!! Paying for xbox live took a massive 380 billion dollar toll on the world,why you think people are straving in Africa,cause they choose to play Xbox Live!

Yea 5$ a MONTH by choice is really taking a beating on us poor folk...

Dont even get me started on the great depression.

With 14 million subs (not all Gold I know) at 5 bucks a month....  that would be 70 million dollars a month....maybe you Live Subs could/should be saving the children in Africa.

Surely the amount of revenue generated from selling 17.57 million PS3s and all the shit that goes with it (hdmi cables, games, controllers, etc) should/could (with emphasis on the should) be spent saving the children in Africa.

But we don't, because we're a selfish breed, us humans.

Infamous said:
reask said:
hence my question.

He could've been a fanboy. The real "rich" man would have all 3 systems just to shove it in his guests face.

Yeah, actually shove it in their face, and when it breaks, you'll just buy a new one. Sounds like bares laffs.