By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 5 Graphical powerhouses exclusive to PS3!

polezo said:
Snake612 said:
I don't consider Heavy Rain as a powerhouse exclusive. There's not enough news on this game. Grand Turismo 5 will defnitely be a top seller just like the last three in the series and God of War III will be huge. The fact that someone from Nintendo likes Killzone 2, means a lot for this game and gives this game a lot of hope.

Who from Nintendo likes Killzone 2?

Miyamoto was playing the game at e3 and he was quite fond of it if i remember right.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Rainbird said:
Best graphically? I have no idea, I can't even say for sure which one of those it wouldn't be.
Best game over all? All but GT5 (or rather, I have no idea), not that it will be bad, but of all genres up there, racing is the one I get the least entertainment from.
I think Heavy Rain will in fact be something completely new
, and a game that will go unmatched in terms of story telling for some time. Perhaps only until Quantic Dream makes their next game.

You said it best yourself, only time will tell

Really? It looks a disturbing amount like Indigo Prophecy to me.

Ssssshhhhhhhhh...

Let me rephrase then

I think Heavy Rain will be a pinnacle of story telling inside gaming, perfecting what Indigo Prophecy tried to do, and still breaking new ground.

There!

(I completely forgot about Indigo Prophecy when I wrote that xD)

braveheart3 said:
the only reson heavy rain looks good is because the gameplay is cr@ppy.

....does this not make sense to anyone else?

Snake612 said:
I don't consider Heavy Rain as a powerhouse exclusive. There's not enough news on this game. Grand Turismo 5 will defnitely be a top seller just like the last three in the series and God of War III will be huge. The fact that someone from Nintendo likes Killzone 2, means a lot for this game and gives this game a lot of hope.

Since the thread is about graphics and Heavy Rain in game footage was already showcased and was incredible, then I think it will truly be a graphical powerhouse without a sadow of a doubt.

PSN ID: T_Gears

End of 2009 ltd sales:

Wii = 67-68m

X360 = 38-39m

PS3 = 34-35m

Prediction: The PS3 will surpass the 360 on weekly sales after it drops to $299 on all regular weeks (no big releases).

colonelstubbs said:
They all look great...despite the lack of in game footage

There is no footage for GT5, but we have seen lots for killzone 2

mM
Around the Network

GT5 and GOW3 will definitely have buyers....GT5 is just same thing over and over again...a racing sim...u can't really get any better with physics wise...they pretty much perfected it with gt4....i've played gt since the first...but gt4 is where they got the physics down...gt5 prologue is basically gt4 with good ass graphics...can't wait till gt5 comes out....i hope they change the way u pick online games...i hate the way gt5 prologue does the online races....can't racing with a friend if u wanted to....

GOW2 was amazing how they pullled that kind of graphics from PS2 so i'm wondering what they can do with a PS3.

Killzone 2....just another FPS...but the graphics are sure damn good...Looks better than COD4 on my PC....and i have a gaming PC whoever is going to start to argue there is no way.....i run at constant 160fps+...with all max resolution, max texture, etc....u get the point...this is all on vista where fps have known to be less than xp...

heavy rain....awesome graphics....but it seems like a movies that u play...not actually game...u press some buttons here and there when it tells u...

Uncharted 2.....after playing Uncharted....i can't wait for the sequel....uncharted is one of the most underrated game when it first came out imo...all the review i read b4 i was going to buy it didnt seem that great so i rented it....i wasted $5 for that...i should have just bought it in the first place...

i found a website were you can play heavy rain

http://www.miniclip.com/games/simon-says/en/

CGI-Quality said:
braveheart3 said:

Does anyone else see the TROLLING in this poster?

It's presented in a trolling way, but he has a point as to the gameplay mechanics. If it's anything like Indigo Prophecy, that's what the "gameplay" of Heavy Rain will come down to. It literally is an interactive movie, ala ... what was it? Drake's Fortune?

yh braveheart that link is obv wrong

Khuutra said:
CGI-Quality said:
braveheart3 said:

Does anyone else see the TROLLING in this poster?

It's presented in a trolling way, but he has a point as to the gameplay mechanics. If it's anything like Indigo Prophecy, that's what the "gameplay" of Heavy Rain will come down to. It literally is an interactive movie, ala ... what was it? Drake's Fortune?

Linger in Shadows ... ?

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur