By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How long until WiiFit outsells other popular games.

metalmonstar said:
Since the wii has slowed down wii fit has slowed down as well. I am interested to see if EA active and Punchout help move it. As of right now the attach rate for the balance board isn't that great.

I am thinking 8-12 million wii fits will be sold this year. Probably the best selling game this year. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

38.5% attach rate isn't great? DAMN

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network
Naum said:
metalmonstar said:
Since the wii has slowed down wii fit has slowed down as well. I am interested to see if EA active and Punchout help move it. As of right now the attach rate for the balance board isn't that great.

I am thinking 8-12 million wii fits will be sold this year. Probably the best selling game this year. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

I must not have made myself clear. I meant the attach rate for the balance board. As in the games that use it. Shaun white, wii ski, wii music, raving rabbids, and so on do not have a 38.5% attach rating. So I am hoping that EA and Punchout do a bit better in ratio to the balance board.

Wii fit's attach rate to the wii is amazing. I was hoping it would show a 40% attach rate but I think it will end up with about 35-37%

Games to the balance board attach rating isn't that great though.

95% of gamers don't know they are noobs, the 5% who do won't be noobs for long

Check out my kickstarter project: http://kck.st/15CEuUT

Check out my blog: http://www.metropolisgaming.com

metalmonstar said:
Naum said:
metalmonstar said:

I must not have made myself clear. I meant the attach rate for the balance board. As in the games that use it. Shaun white, wii ski, wii music, raving rabbids, and so on do not have a 38.5% attach rating. So I am hoping that EA and Punchout do a bit better in ratio to the balance board.

Wii fit's attach rate to the wii is amazing. I was hoping it would show a 40% attach rate but I think it will end up with about 35-37%

Games to the balance board attach rating isn't that great though.

as a wiifit owner/user the reason i have no other games for it, is cus after work, you drop a workout on the thing, and your3e tired to stand on it more and play more games

basically thats my reason, tired ness

i will get the punchout tho, but prolly not play on the balance board, as i get tired after a while

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

None of my data is showing up when I try to post it.  I will update with the latest data as soon as I figure out what is wrong.

It will overtake the PS3 then possibly the 360.

Around the Network

The raw data on sales numbers is all good but as soon as anyone can prove WiiFit sells more software than the PS3 then it will be something significant, but since there is absolutely no chance of that happening even if it outsells it 4-1, I'm sure Sony isn't losing any sleep over it..

As a game WiiFit is a beast and will never stop selling until it is the best selling of all time, but as a platform is not as significant...

PSN ID: T_Gears

End of 2009 ltd sales:

Wii = 67-68m

X360 = 38-39m

PS3 = 34-35m

Prediction: The PS3 will surpass the 360 on weekly sales after it drops to $299 on all regular weeks (no big releases).

taxman said:
The raw data on sales numbers is all good but as soon as anyone can prove WiiFit sells more software than the PS3 then it will be something significant, but since there is absolutely no chance of that happening even if it outsells it 4-1, I'm sure Sony isn't losing any sleep over it..

As a game WiiFit is a beast and will never stop selling until it is the best selling of all time, but as a platform is not as significant...

That is true.  WiiFit software will never outsell PS3 Software.  Now if we were to talk about WiiFit profit vs. PS3 profit that would be a different matter entirely.

This thread was originally started in response to some users comments that WiiFit would flop badly.  I added everything to the list that WiiFit was behind that it was outselling on a weekly basis.  That is why the PS3 is on the and Wii Sports is not.  If things continue the way they are, I might even end up adding the 360 to the list to be tracked.

JHawkNH said:

None of my data is showing up when I try to post it.  I will update with the latest data as soon as I figure out what is wrong.

I don't know if you read my comment in the other thread. so I'll post it again here.

I post all my prediction league information from Excel 2000 and have no problem, so I don't know why it isn't working for you. I suggested that you try posting with no extra formating (like colors) being done in excel, as that is how I copy the data.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Wiifit will probally be the best selling game this gen.

"Like you know"

so did this thread die cause of VGC 2.0?

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO