By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Trine coming to PSN (and PC)

Trine Casting A Lovely Spell On PSN

Nobilis and Frozenbyte proudly announce Trine, a beautiful new fantasy action game coming to the PC and PlayStation Network next year.

Trine is essentially a 2D platformer that allows the player to create and destroy objects in order to solve puzzles and defeat challenges as they battle to save their kingdom from evil. You'll be able to play as an object-creating wizard, swift and agile thief, and a destructive warrior, swapping characters on the fly to fit the situation. Need a ramp? Use the wizard to create one. Barrier in your way? The warrior can bash right through it.

The game looks to be an absolutely gorgeous mix of 3D graphics and 2D gameplay. Hit the jump for a few more screens, along with a video of the game in action. Definitely a title to watch.

Nobilis and Frozenbyte announce Trine on the PlayStation® Network and PC.

Lyon, France, the 5th of December 2008 – Immediate release. Nobilis and Frozenbyte are proud to announce that the fantasy action game “Trine™” (PlayStation® Network and PC) will be released in Q2 2009.

Trine™ is a fantasy action game where the player can create and use physics-based objects to beat hazardous puzzles and threatening enemies. Set in a world of great castles and strange machinery, three heroes are bound to a mysterious device called the Trine in a quest to save the kingdom from evil…

The gameplay is based on fully interactive physics - each character's different ability helps the player battle an army of un-dead and defeat hazardous contraptions. The player can at any time freely choose whoever is best suited for the upcoming challenge or puzzle: The Wizard is able to summon objects to help solve puzzles and create new ways to overcome obstacles, the Thief uses her agility and dead-on accuracy to swiftly surprise the monsters, and the Warrior unleashes mayhem and physical destruction wherever he goes.

“This is the first game we publish on the PlayStation® Network and we are thrilled to work with Frozenbyte on this very exciting game project!” declares Arnaud Blacher, CEO of Nobilis Group.

“Trine™ is a true testament to Frozenbyte's new strategy focusing on original IP. We can't wait to have the game released on the PlayStation® Network and PC,” said Lauri Hyvarinen, CEO of Frozenbyte, and he continued: “Nobilis has been a great partner to us all these years and we look forward to combining our efforts even more closely to make a great game!”

Official website: http://trine-thegame.com/

Source: http://kotaku.com/5102418/trine-casting-a-lovely-spell-on-psn

Looks like a nice mix of 2d platforming and 3d gfx

Around the Network

That looks awesome! I'd totally buy that on the PSN ^^

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

looks very good, but im waiting for soldnerX on psn......if thats a coop game its a must

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

well, i thought it looked nice...graphically

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

looks pretty good

Around the Network

Looks good.

looks ok

Nice, another platformer! If there's trophy support for the PS3, it's definitely the version I'm going to buy!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Looks nice and the gameplay seems appealing.
We have to take it in sight,PSN braid? With what I see from the video,f or me is a secure purchase.

Wow, really nice. I'd definitely pick that up.

I'm a bit of a PSN whore these days and have recently resorted to buying very old games to quench my needs.

I bought Populous recently.

The graphics...*shudders*