By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the best 2-player co-op beat 'em up on NES, SNES, or Genesis?

Khuutra said:
I will admit that my first instinct was the original "Double Dragon" on the NES.

Not co-op sadly.  The only 2-player mode is the vs. mode.  It's only co-op if you play it like these guys.

So far every choice has been badass.

If I truly get the beat 'em up fever I might have to do some Streets of Rage 2 and some Turtles in Time after this.  I've got River City Ransom all loaded up, but now I'm waiting for my wife to finish making cookies.  I'm really pumped up now to eat some oatmeal raisin cookies and beat some ass.

Around the Network

...It wasn't?

....What in the Hell were me and my old man playing for years, then? Do I ust remember playing that in co-op when it was no such thing? Was it DD2?

WHERE AM I

WHO AM I

DD2 and 3 were both co-op and super-incredible until they get to the jumping parts that always destroyed friendships back in the day. "You jumped too early asshole!"

I liked Power Rangers (I think that was co-op).

Contra?

Around the Network

Final Fight 2

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

I always liked playing Golden Axe and Streets of Rage with my neighbor when I was younger, albeit those were pretty much the only co-op games I had. :P

All of the Ninja Turtles games on SNES and NES (except that original TMNT game thats on Wii VC that one is shit) and then after that it's Golden Axe for me.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

For the Sega megadrive its unquestionably Streets of rage 2, Best side scrolling beat em up of all time.

nes = double dragon 2
snes = turtles in time
md = golden axe