By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Wii could reach 210 million and 70% market share by end of 2012

You must've misspelled "Wintendo Vii" as "Nintendo Wii." An honest mistake, but don't let it happen again.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Around the Network

I would expect a large chunk of Wii owners will outgrow the system by the time they hit 12 or 13.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Tyrannical said:
I would expect a large chunk of Wii owners will outgrow the system by the time they hit 12 or 13.

Man are you even for real

Khuutra said:
Tyrannical said:

Well, look at some of the  top selling 3rd party Wii games from chart track's latest list.

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110030

(5) CARNIVAL: FUNFAIR GAMES

(6) MARIO & SONIC AT THE OLYMPIC GAMES

(7) GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS: THE VIDEOGAME

(9) RAYMAN RAVING RABBIDS TV PARTY

(10) HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 3: SENIOR YEAR DANCE

(11) BIG BEACH SPORTS

How old were you when games like this stopped interesting you?

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.

Tyrannical said:
Khuutra said:
Tyrannical said:

Well, look at some of the  top selling 3rd party Wii games from chart track's latest list.

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110030

(5) CARNIVAL: FUNFAIR GAMES

(6) MARIO & SONIC AT THE OLYMPIC GAMES

(7) GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS: THE VIDEOGAME

(9) RAYMAN RAVING RABBIDS TV PARTY

(10) HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 3: SENIOR YEAR DANCE

(11) BIG BEACH SPORTS

How old were you when games like this stopped interesting you?

I'm still into the Olympics. When I go to the beach, I play sports. When I go to the Carnival, I still play games. I watch TV.

I don't read the Guiness World Record Book, but I imagine kids don't either.

I don't dance, and I don't go to high school.

Around the Network

The prediction is pretty good, but i don't agree with the timeframe. 2016-2020 would be closer.

@GamingChartz: You know, there's people outside NA, Europe and Japan. China and India combined accounts for more people that you mentioned.
Which the east-european countries are, what you were talking about?
Besides, eventually the price will go down.

@Tyrannical: Stop trolling.
Why didn't you mention Wii Sports, Wii Play and Wii Fit, which are targeted to mature audiences? Besides, out of the games you mentioned, with the most propability atleast Carnival Games appeals to the same demographic.
What you meaning is, that the demographic grow out of Wii after their kids have turned 12 or 13. That sounds more plausible.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Just because it is on pace now doesn't imply that it will continue. I don't think it'll happen. Also, since the price is relatively low I don't think TOO many people would hold back for that reason.

My 1,000 post! It'll be a while before I get over 9,000. :(

bdbdbd said:
The prediction is pretty good, but i don't agree with the timeframe. 2016-2020 would be closer.

@GamingChartz: You know, there's people outside NA, Europe and Japan. China and India combined accounts for more people that you mentioned.
Which the east-european countries are, what you were talking about?
Besides, eventually the price will go down.

Why didn't you mention Wii Sports, Wii Play and Wii Fit, which are targeted to mature audiences? Besides, out of the games you mentioned, with the most propability atleast Carnival Games appeals to the same demographic.
What you meaning is, that the demographic grow out of Wii after their kids have turned 12 or 13. That sounds more plausible.

China (outside Shanghai and Hong Kong) and and India is not Japan. They ain't got the cash $$$
And the average Eastern European family can't afford a Wii.

wtf?!!

People should have to pay some real money to the site each time they make a prediction and ioi would get to keep it if the prediction didn't turn out right. Maybe that would remove some of the more stupid ones...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

bdbdbd said:

Yes, I am prediciting a large chunk of the demographic buying the "kiddy" games I listed will move on from the Wii once they hit 12 or 13. Girls might stick with it a few more years.

Why didn't you mention Wii Sports, Wii Play and Wii Fit, which are targeted to mature audiences?

Because that's not the demographic I'm talking about. I'm talking about the demographic those kiddy games are aimed at.