By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Killzone 2 Singleplayer Impressions Thread

So many people will be eating crow come February.

I doubted this game in 2005, but when it was announced that Sony bought Guerrilla Games, my hype went up. My hype went WAY up when it was first re-revealed at E307. ^_^

Around the Network

nom nom nom

^OMG. Wow, how did that guy just blow up? Did his head fall off? Does this game have dismemberment?

Helmets fly off and heads explode, but that's about it from what I understand.

It turns out that gif is from this video discussing the AI:

Your buddy Natko takes his head off with a shotgun. That video contains some real interesting information.

*adds to the OP*

Around the Network

Wow, nice. Oh and rocket launcher to a single helghan is just overkill (even if the fire + smoke did look pretty damn beautiful).

@MM nice gif man

This game just kicks every other FPS in the balls. The only thing that could come remotly close to this in the future would be COD5. If Infinaty Ward can match this game with COD5 next year, 2009 may end up being one of the best years the FPS genre has ever seen.

Everyday I sit and gush over this game. Thankfully Sony is keeping things interesting this month with Uncharted 2, God of War III, and Home. If it was not for those things the wait for Febuary 27th would be feeling much longer.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Wow. On the hardest difficulty in Killzone 2, the crosshair is automatically disabled.

I lready knew you could turn off the HUD in the beta, but that is just awesome.

^Bye bye Platinum :(

EDIT: I meant Platinum trophy, in case it wasn't clear. I'm assuming beating the game on Impossible/Hard/whatever they call it will be a Gold trophy.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective