By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - One of my predictions came true Uncharted outsold Bioshock (X360)

Bundled.

And... there is far less choices of AAA PS3 games than 360 games on the market.
Uncharted is the only option for many (hell, it was for me! along with MGS4).

Try to compare these two exclusives:
2 Third Person Shooter with the same gameplay mechanics:

Gears of War versus Uncharted.

Good luck.

My Gaming Setup

Around the Network

o rly?

man I hate the holidays. too many testosterone driven people trying to prove they have a bigger penis come in the forums.

That happens when you are giving away the game for free for almost a year .That's the only thing sony's games are good for ....bundle material. Funny how they crush and burn in every software chart.

Well it only took Uncharted 13 months and being included with a system to pass BioShock.

By the way, I predict that Sega Tennis will outsell the Orange Box next week. I think that'll serve as clear proof that Sega Tennis is a much better game than the Orange Box.

Finally, you could also make the case that since BioShock was also released on the PC at the same time, that people who could've bought the 360 version bought the PC version instead. Whereas the PS3 was the only place to get Uncharted.

I guess my broader point is "So what?"

Around the Network

Good prediction my friend...I would not have thought so.

The Uncharted bundle was released last week. If you guys want to draw a line in the sand, we can dispute Uncharted sales from last week forward.

Also, the 360 has 10 bundles in Europe including GeoW2. I guess GeoW2's sales were the result of a bundle?

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

The day one PC release of the title definitely took away a big chunk of the sales from the 360. The PC version sold over 1 million units by June 08

source

I don't see the point of comparing two very different games though.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Bioshock is on PC as well as PS3 and it only got ousold because Uncharted is bundled. There's nothing to be impressed about.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Not that Im saying Uncharted is bad game but some explanations would be the PC version (simultaneous I might add), BioShock was never bundled, and Halo 3 was released less than a month away from BioShock's release. If an 8m seller in the same genre of Uncharted is released less than a month away, its obviously going to affect sales.

Hmm.. early predictions for Uncharted 2 v BioShock 2 (360)?