By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Public Ban Announcements

TalonMan said:
Erik Aston said:
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, NO.

This idea is awful and stupid.

Trolls often just want attention. This idea guarentees it to them, like it's their right. Why should we highlight our worst posters with special threads?

If a poster that anyone gives a rat's ass about is banned, the reason for it will be passed around. For everyone else, screw 'em. They were banned because they broke the rules. Check their old posts to find out why. The end.

Agreed.

Most times, if a ban is warranted, it should be fairly obvious to anyone that's curious enough... ...and I especially don't like the idea of mods having to justify their actions to everyone in the community. Not that this is a dictatorship or anything like that - the mods here usually connect with one another before deciding on bans - but once the hammer is laid down, that's it and there should be nothing to talk about with outsiders. Any further discussion should be between the offender and ioi (and he can forward the issue to whichever mod is responsible).

We have enough things to talk about and entertain ourselves with - no need to have discussions on why certain individuals lose their posting rights...

Agreed as well.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
TalonMan said:
Erik Aston said:
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, NO.

This idea is awful and stupid.

Trolls often just want attention. This idea guarentees it to them, like it's their right. Why should we highlight our worst posters with special threads?

If a poster that anyone gives a rat's ass about is banned, the reason for it will be passed around. For everyone else, screw 'em. They were banned because they broke the rules. Check their old posts to find out why. The end.

Agreed.

Most times, if a ban is warranted, it should be fairly obvious to anyone that's curious enough... ...and I especially don't like the idea of mods having to justify their actions to everyone in the community. Not that this is a dictatorship or anything like that - the mods here usually connect with one another before deciding on bans - but once the hammer is laid down, that's it and there should be nothing to talk about with outsiders. Any further discussion should be between the offender and ioi (and he can forward the issue to whichever mod is responsible).

We have enough things to talk about and entertain ourselves with - no need to have discussions on why certain individuals lose their posting rights...

Agreed as well.

well I agree as well...WOW follow....O_O

If someone is banned without good reason, it's easy enough to get that fixed. Just look at akashii360. He was able to get reinstated. Personally, I trust the other mods here, and I think they trust me as well. We seem to have a pretty good system going so far. And I can see that kind of thread only having negative effects.

And if you don't know why someone got banned, you can always just ask. I'm sure which ever mod is responsible will be more than happy to oblige.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

^Ok, what happend to the PS3 guy that always called people fools? You know, the guy with the cars to show off each consoles power? What was his name and what post got him banned?

Gballzack: I'm not sure what got her banned. (She has great taste in games) I looks at some of her post, and she doesn't seem any different the rest of the Nintendo fans on this site.

Well stof...yeah I'm happy to be reinstated....and my name is Takashii not akashii....O_O

Around the Network
grandmaster192 said:
^Ok, what happend to the PS3 guy that always called people fools? You know, the guy with the cars to show off each consoles power? What was his name and what post got him banned?

Gballzack: I'm not sure what got her banned. (She has great taste in games) I looks at some of her post, and she doesn't seem any different the rest of the Nintendo fans on this site.

Um... you pretty much answered your own question there. See, Blue3 earned his ban 13 times over, and no mod should have to try and explain that one.

Ditto Gballzack. She was an incredible troll, who was unbanned twice because of her history on the boards, but finally went too far, got banned, and then spent the night coming back under fake aliases. In one night she was banned about 12 times, 8 of those times by a very agitated me.

People get banned, it happens. handcuffing the mods with too much red tape when there's no evidence of abuse is a little silly.

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Having a special announcement for bans will just encourage people to make accounts to get banned.

Just put it in their av, ban for whatever. Theres no need to make it unto a big deal and make a thread about it.

It would be nice to know why some one got axed.

How about this. When we ban someone, I'll edit their post to tell you why.

That would be a great idea stof, we should also know what mod banned people, it would be nice to know who has the heavy finger with the ban button.

In most threads you can see the mods flaming aswell, this should be the number 1 issue to fix around here.